Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 5.2L engine is about done, I have close to 200k on it, and I have a low mileage 89 350 that I'm considering putting into it. Has anyone done this?

It's just an idea, since I already have the engine, but I cant find anything about anyone doing it. I searched the forums and couldn't find anything

·
Registered
870 Posts
:withstupid: and also you could forget about the fuel injection and the electronic tranny. then goes the speedo. so you would need custom mounts and also a chevy tranny and a drivers side drop t-case. your dash would be lit up like a x-mas tree..

other than that you would have a great motor and tranny, and easy to find parts..

·
Registered
771 Posts
I would'nt discrase a dodge like that Putting a chevy motor in a Dodge.Find you another 5.2L or a 5.9L Motor that will plug and bolt up right. Low miles

·
Registered
230 Posts
i agree, sell it and build your 318, i have a 97 with a 318 with about 140,000 miles and it still kicks. however i wish it didnt so i had an excuse to rebuild it with some internal mods

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats about what I figured... Heh, what about tossing my AMC 401 into it!

I guess I'm either gonna have to rebuild it, or find a low milage wrecked truck and pull the engine... Unless I get the 5.7 hemi.....

·
Registered
771 Posts
On 2007-11-19 19:13, Teradoc wrote:
Thats about what I figured... Heh, what about tossing my AMC 401 into it!

I guess I'm either gonna have to rebuild it, or find a low milage wrecked truck and pull the engine... Unless I get the 5.7 hemi.....

I would do the 5.7 Hemi swap if its posable.Or just rebuild your motor or find a low milage 318-360 at a junk yard.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
If you want to be real different, toss a Buick 455 in it or a 472 Caddy :bigthumb:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hmmmm a nailhead..... :D:

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I think you are missing the point that none of these will pass CA emissions besides a dodge magnum engine.

·
Registered
559 Posts
On 2007-11-19 22:28, bajabomber87 wrote:
408 stroker baby :drool:

:withstupid: now theres and idea

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
On 2007-11-20 13:23, Matty wrote:
I think you are missing the point that none of these will pass CA emissions besides a dodge magnum engine.

I know, just havin some fun. P.S. Teradoc, nailheads were 425's :loser: lol

·
Registered
445 Posts
On 2007-11-20 13:23, Matty wrote:

why wont it? i mean only a state inspection station would care if it was something other then the fuel injected original motor so just take it to the local gas station that does inspections and hand the guy a 50.... then have him kick you square in the ass for for disgracing everything that is mopar.

that aside i know of a guy on trucks gone wild with a red dodge called "tough tugger" that has a 600ci custom built chevy crate motor in the bed of his truck using a reverser and that truck is bad a55. that has nothing to do with inspection but some guys arent against swapping a chevy motor into a dodge.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts