Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know where to find heavy duty driveshafts. i seen a dodge driving down the road with a huga a$$ driveshaft and didnt have time to stop him and ask.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I had mine built at a truck shop in Livermore CA. It is called Bayshore Truck. Look for a place that works on heavy duty trucks. they will build you one

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
chris,
what did that cost you? was your original one just rebuilt/balanced or did you get a total replacement...?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do they have a web site

·
Registered
502 Posts
http://www.sbdriveline.com/

I have these guys making a new front shaft from my truck since I am having issues with not having a CAD.
What I am having done is not cheap at all sicne it is a custom 4 U-Joint shaft.

They do great work and are fast. Their prices are good for normal work.

Bill

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
South bay driveline is a real good shop but parking sucks! The owner there has a real nice classic I think its a Chrysler though. Good quality shop!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Foolish,

Tell me about it. I have been there the last three days in a row and twice today.
I will most likely be there again tomorrow to get my new front shaft installed if they get it finished.

Steve was talking about giving me my own parking space :wink:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Southbay driveline has built me both a front and rear driveline for my truck never had a problem. They finished both of mine within 2 days. I would definitely go back. Parking is not great but I've never had a problem. They make drivelines for race cars and such, so they know how to make a heavy-duty drive line.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Well, here in AZ I had Dick's Driveshaft build mine front driveshaft and I have NADA one complaint. Check them out online
http://www.dicksdriveshaft.com
I put them up for recommendation. My Driveshaft only cost about $160 and it's a tuff shaft
John

·
Registered
704 Posts
Bill, I'm also curious about your cad. Did you eliminate the cad but keep the auto hubs on the front? I've been dying to get manual hubs and a one piece axle for the front passenger side of my 1/2 ton Ram. Please let me know. By the way, I'm also in San Jose-I'm suprised I haven't seen your Ram on the road.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
I'm lost here ... why would you want a big Ass drive shaft? I would think you would just want one that would break before you blew the transmission. (not break all the time ... but weaker than the transmission).

Am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Kevin,

The CAD _is_ the auto hubs for our truck. There's nothing within the knuckle but the outer stub and bearings.

In order to run manual hubs you need to replace the outter stubs, and the unit-bearing with ones that will take a manual-hub.

So far, no-one makes one that will fit a Ram D44. Parts are available for Jeep D44s, and Warn confirmed that the parts don't fit a Ram. (The axle engineer I talked to tried, he has a ram).

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
There is a company that has the warn lockout hub conversion for both the dana 44 and 60. The base price was around 1500 bucks when I called, I laughed and told them they could keep it. Ill post the site, gimmy a few min.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts