Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I hope you feel the same.. :D:

Thanks for the call yesterday and I was out of range to call you back... Just got the msg this morning..

After thinking about this whole deal for a few days I'm think that you are right with the pitman arm binding when actually turned ALL the way left, but I still think it shouldn't be doing that, regardless... When a pitman arm is designed the tie rod bolt "should" be parallel to the pitman shaft when viewed from the side. If it's not, it will do as your steering is doing, which sucks!! All the dodge pitman arms I've ever seen have been correct, allthough I have not seen an extreem drop arm in person. If they are all like yours it will be something for everone with one of them to check as this binding situation can be happening even with standard TRE's.. I would be VERY curious to know anyway since it would be a safety issue with them..

I wouldn't rely on higher angle spacers, or more of a bend in the drag link to take care of this problem if it were me, and I think a new pitman with good geometry would be the answer. Arthur had a nice, BEEFY, custom one made and he will know where to get one if you want to go that rought.... The less side loading on that heim the better... :D:

Actually, you can't go any more angle unless you drop down in bolt size anyway.. :D:

Don

Oh, how many washers do you want??

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
On 2005-12-04 12:35, 1TONHD wrote:
Did the other post get deleted by the moderator nazi's already? :roll:

yes we removed it, but by request of the original poster.

on the rag still I see

·
Registered
873 Posts
On 2005-12-04 18:07, Alphacowboy-SmurfStyle wrote:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

its all fun and games. :flipoff:

I know, the day I let something on the internet get under my skin is the day I throw my computer out the window.

Besides why would I care what a smurf says anyway :flipoff:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts