Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone done it? I just sold my old truck and kept the radio which is a dvd nav yadayada double din stereo. Has anyone installed one into an obs ram? I could see having to move the change drawer and power supply, but I don't know..

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Really? This website is basically an all dodge website, or was, and no one knows?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I would imagine that it would fit. Did you get an install kit for it? I put a din kit (I believe thats what it was) in mine. Plenty of room left for a double din.

·
Registered
292 Posts
it's not a straightforward install. the dash accepts a din and a half size head unit.
I looked into it on my 2002 and there was room, but the dash fascia would need a bit of fiberglass work. As well as the vent needs to be moved a little. On the 95 there is less in the way, but you'd still need to work on the dash panel and such.

i've seen pictures of it done though i don't recall where

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not to change the subject but is it possible to put 2 12 inch subs in an extended cab dakotawithout taking up the whole back seat I was thinking under it but Idk

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
not to change the subject..... :dunno: :wall: That was a pretty big subject change, LOL

I think you can fit a double din in the stock location if you're able to push it in far enough and have enough lip around the edge to let the dash fold over the radio a touch. Not too hard to pull and look. I'd just pull it out and see what is needed. I don't recall the support design on the older dash. Worst case scenario, I'd make my own in place of the cupholder...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I figured stereo kinda goes with subs I just wanted some help maybe some ideas on how to make it work but if anyone could help that would be great

1 - 9 of 9 Posts