Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 10 trucks playing in a local mudpit. i wasn't even spinning the tires to get through most holes. unlocked the hubs to play in 2 wheel drive. my buddy said yeah this one ain't deep, bail in. luckily i only slid the passenger side in. water began coming in the passenger side window. couldn't get out of the truck cause my wieght was keeping it from rolling over. broke the front and rear bumpers off a cj with 36's, finally a 2 wheel drive chevy with about 200 feet of rope pulled me out from dry ground.
the 44 hole emerged victorious over the yota. extensive water damage and fouled plugs were result.
advice: don't play in 44 hole without 44's

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I would have beat him to death.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yea!!!Beat him to death with his own drive shaft or t-case lever!!!!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Tcase lever... its easier to hide when the cops or his wife show up. :):
Ever tried sticking a driveshaft down your pants? (and no biginuf I haven't tried it)

-Chris

·
Registered
969 Posts
I never go in 2WD once I've hit the mud, your luck always runs out when you need it :D:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Been there. my freind told me i could make it over this little bit of dirt. well looking at it seemed to be a stupid thing to do. about 1 in. under the top was about 3 feet of the soupiest stuff ever. luckily, my freind pulled me out, just after I climbed out my window, and kicked his a** for being so stupid. Word of advice, just say no.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Haha yep, peer pressure is the worst. Its easy for someone to tell you do beat on your rig cause its not their investment, and they usually are no where to be seen when it comes time to fix it. Thats why the people I wheel with all have thier own rigs and we all help each other out if something breaks on the trail.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yeah, that's the drawback of having the biggest rig of the group. Everybody wants you to be the guinea pig for the tough stuff. The other drawback of having the biggest rig is that it usually takes more than one truck to pull you out when you get stuck. hahahah!

·
Registered
174 Posts
us big rigs haave it hard, even though i am practically stock they always get me to go first, i am one heavy truck and i side due to my 10.50 wide tires but i hsve only been stuck once out off many times. and when i finally did stick it it took two jeeps to really struggle to get me out. Made me feel GOOOOOD :D:

·
Registered
610 Posts
I Remember when i first started driving and i was in my dad's 98 Chevy 1500 Silverado 2wd (his Baby) with this girl i had wanted for so long and we where going down this dirt trail and off the sides there where big water holes well all of a$$uden she says " it makes me horny when i go mudding" well like the bright one i was decided sh*t its only water right? wrong it turned out to be a 4 ft deep mud hole (broken water main) :cuss: well lets just say thats when i decided when i get my own rig it had to be a 4x4!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well, just like you guys, I gave into peer pressure, and how can I put this... it was a $1300 mistake. It was really dry where we were at so ALMOST all of the mud had dried up, except for a puddle here and there, which I handled with ease. Then we see this pitish area, about 100ft. I put it in 4 and just hit it... We made it about 94ft. before we hit what was like a rut that someelse had made. In fact, I went to the side to avoid the deepest part, and of course I find a drop of that stopped me cold....needless to say water soon started seepign in, and I had to call the park management to get me out, and of course wade waist deep in this muck... But luckily I had some warranty coverage to bring that cost down... pics are here...

http://deadmedianetwork.tripod.com/images.htm

As you may have guessed the images are under muddin' debacle....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Word of Advice, get out and walk the obsticle... You will have a better apreciation for what lies ahead. Us your judgment, and trust me, it's sometimes alot better to say no.... I guess I'm saying don't get big-headed because they say you can make it. Decide for yourself if YOU can make it.... And yesa, I've been wrong before too....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts