Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im lookin at gettin another atv. i am goin with the grizzly model. my problem is i dont know if i wanna get the 450 or 550. im not lookin for anything too big or to go play in deep mud or water, just to ride and play around. not gonna put no bigger than a 27" tire, prolly 26" is what will go on. the 550 has FI which is nice, but dont know if i wanna spend the extra for it. is FI that much better to spend the extra 900 for it?

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I'd definitely go with the 550. I've never heard anybody say that they wished they got a smaller engine in that size ATV. I've heard it from the guys who bought the biggest ones they could find, but never from anybody who bought anything under a 650. Also, fuel injection is nice. They start easier, run smoother and don't need any tinkering with.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
grizzly ... whats the biggest motor ? 660?

thats my vote it will help re sale value

and i will never own a carbed 4 wheeler again pita

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the biggest size grizz they have now is the 700. i ended up gettin the 550, brought it home yesterday and rode all afternoon, and some this morning. just washed it off and goin to a buddys to get a cover to put on it for right now. i love it so far. it rides awesome, pretty damn smooth for a atv. pull like a champ even with the factory tires. i have a set of itp black and chrome rims and 26" sti mud trax tires on order that will be here a week from wednesday. and yes im glad i got the FI, didnt have any prob startin up this morning with it in the teens!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts