Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah in my back driver side door on my quad cab i get this rattling noise inside the door when i have my radio on ...really annoying..and ive tryed looking in the door for a loose part or somthin but i cant find anything..and i know the speaker isnt blown so any suggestions??

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
there's only one way to find out...pop the back door panel and pull the speaker out. check to see if there are any loose parts then check to see if the speaker is blown...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Sounds like the factory audio-latino speakers that are made in mexico are bad, while you have the door panel open you should swap them out. To get it open there is a screw or 2 in the cup holder and then you will need to basically pry the door panel off, it has small plastic clips that make it a bast*rd some times.

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nah the speakers are actually pretty awesome..they are the infinity speakers that come as an option with the sport package...but im sure its not blown i guess ill just do what yall say and take it off and check

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
i had the infinity system in my truck and i replaced front and rear speakers. Infinity speakers don't suck, but the factory infinity speakers do! replace em' out and you'll hear the difference...

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
speaking of those little plastic clips... how do you get those out? i pulled the panel off my driver side quad cab door, and i cant get those clips out.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I used the back side(claw) of a hammer to pull them out, ill also taped the handle up so it wouldnt scratch up any paint.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I recomend memphis either the pr's or the st's they are fairly new here on the east coast i dunno about the other coast. But they are awesome quality and not super expensive. Oh in the back door's is says they are factory 5.5's but when u go to replace them it will be a 6.5 speaker.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I have the Pioneer 3-ways, I love'em, I also had some Infinity's but I think these Pioneer 3-ways are a little better, and at 99 bucks a pair you cant go wrong.

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah we have memphis down here in houston too...and i was thinkin about gettin those pioneer's...think i should replace the tweeters in the front too??

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I have a little rattle in my driver side door speaker. It's only when I start it up. At first I thought it was blown, but I can't get it to do it all the time, so I don't think it is. Sounds like something is kind of loose there....not enough to worry about. Speaker still works fine, puts out good sound and all.

Nick.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts