Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know of a dual exhaust system (rear exit) that will fit on a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab with the Off-Road Group without having to remove the spare tire or hitch???? Everything I have found says the tubes won't clear the 17" spare and shock in back. I mean com'on...has no exhaust manufacturer thought about this problem. I would appreciate any info someone could give me. I'm not looking for dual side exits or dual sport side exits.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Do what most guys do.. got to a shop and have something built.
I got mine done with the 2 chamber flowmaster
dual 2 1/4 inch pipes and some 3x18 chrome tips for under $350 installed.

Someone posted on here about a week ago with a Gibson part number that claimed it would clear things but I think it is much better to go with a customer built system.

I personally think that nothing should have to be removed or relocated in order to install the dual exhaust. If it does then the kit wasnt made right.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Jason's system is dual out the sides, but was done custom by a shop local to him. Probably the route I'm going to go, so I can stuff a full-size spare for a 35" tire under the bed and save bed-space.

The dual out the rear systems will just barely clear a 265/75R16... But if you have a shop do it, they can easily bend around everything to make it fit.

Find the mufflers you like, Flowmasters, Gibsons, dynomax, etc, and have a shop bend some pipe and weld it up.

Cost is decent, too. Jason, what'd yours run, all installed?

·
Administrator
9,227 Posts
My exhaust, without the cat, was $350. That is teh going rate all voer CA right now. BTW, you'll be lucky to fit a 285/75/16 in the stock. My old BFG AT with 1/2 the tread left just squeezed between the frame rails.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 99 ram with JBA headers and a single 3 inch pipe with a race magnum and it has a low rumbule but u can here it comming in the drive way. The reasons I chose the race magnum is because of the no popping when u let off the gas like a flowmaster has mine has an echo and sounds real clean but i want some more volume but i'm gonna put a single 4 inch tip on it. And i was also told the these new rams are not desgined to run duals the motors need back pressure.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I had a friend do mine for me at his shop. I have a 3 chamber Flowmaster with 3 inch custom bent pipe running out the back aroung each side of my spare to dual 3 1/2" Chrome tips. He did a custom trick to it...and cut the catalitic converter open from 2.25 inches to 3 inches. So it now runs true three inches all the way back. I think the sound is awesome and I personally haven't heard any popping or crackling noises, just a nice low flowing rumble.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts