Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive looked everyware and cant find a lift kit over 6 inches. is that as high as they go or are the taller ones. let me know

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1996 2500 4x4 i want to atleast run 35 inch tires but if i could go bigger id love to. but i think 35s -40s are sufficient for my mud hole

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
alright well im not a huge dodge expert or anything but ive heard stuff about skyjacker with a 7" kit. pretty new from what i understand. dunno if its just for 1500s or what but thats all i know

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you know when its coming out

·
Registered
482 Posts
All you need to run 35's is a 5" lift. Trust me, I have articulated the hell out of mine and never hit a fender. Damn close at full turn and compressed spring, but never hit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, if this company called Whiplash wasn't under several lawsuits, and if half their staff wasn't put in the pokey for insurance fraud, and if you wouldn't get hurt driving this truck, I'd say to go here http://www.whiplashsuspensions.com/CFCart/catpage.cfm?Cat_Selected=10. From what the word is, these lifts are for show trucks only.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
quote:

"All you need to run 35's is a 5" lift. Trust me, I have articulated the hell out of mine and never hit a fender. Damn close at full turn and compressed spring, but never hit.

Wrong, this statement is incorrect. It is very dependant on backspacing and width of tire. My 35/15.50-16.5's rubbed like hell just turning lock to lock with my 5.5" suspension. I had to go with a body lift to keep from tearing the hell out of my fender. If you want to run a narrower 35" then you should be fine, but width will be a factor.

35/15.50-16.5 Swamper SX's on Weld Wheels
Line-X Bedliner

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so the whiplash suspension blow ass huh? that sux

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
whats the scoop with full throttle suspension systems? anybody use them? ive never heard of them and was just wonderin if they were all show and no go like those bullshit whiplash systems

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Let's put it this way...they are a spinoff of Whiplash due to severe legal problems...so they are basically the same company without all the legal problems...and yes, they blow also...all show and, well not even all show. I think they look like crap...if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Around here, I think it's safe to say that a "35" is a 35x12.50, not a 35x15.50, unless it's width is specificly stated.

Almost any 35x12.50 will fit with 5" of lift, with most wheels, without worrying about backspacing issues.

A 35x15.50 is a LOT wider of a tire, and as a result, backspacing will come into it.

With a 2500, you can run 35s with a 3" lift. I do on my 1500 with a 3" lift.

2500s have the equivalent of a 2" suspension lift (or more) over a 1500, mostly due to a thicker frame and taller springs (the spring perch is higher on the frame).

The Skyjacker 4.5" lift for a 2500 will more than clear a 35. Probably even clear a 36 with ease.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alright cool i also heard that the shock on the skyjacker system rides rough is this true. and if so whats a good alternative

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alright cool i also heard that the shock on the skyjacker system rides rough is this true. and if so whats a good alternative

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm waiting for my 3" spring for my 2500. I've seen a lot of truck in this area run a 2" spacer OR a 3" lift with 35s and no rubbing. Most of them are on 16.5x9.75 with 4.5 or 4.75 backspacing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts