Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read in Petersens 4 wheel and off road that Dodge doesn't have a contract with Dana anymore but that they now how have a contract with AAM (they make GM axles). Thats good news for the future rams considering they wouldn't have signed the contract unless they expected to keep a solid axle underneath the heavy duty Rams.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I heard that also, they said they saw some big beef under a 2003 3/4 ton, at least they didnt wimp out, but i still dont like the 2002, my next truck eventually might be a ford, i hope Dodge designs a new front end before im ready for a new one.

·
Registered
807 Posts
i know, those superdutys are nice trucks, too bad theyre made by ford. if dodge doesnt come out with something good that might be the route i'm gonna take as well in a few years, if i buy new.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats true, pretty soon solid front axles will be extinct!

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
there's always a solid axle conversion kit.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are kits but with my limited funds I would like to focus my money on other parts of the truck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I visited AAMs website (http://www.aam.com/technology/tech_prod_dl_frontaxle.html) It seem that everything concerning front axles appears to be IFS. GM went to AAM for their IFS and we know that the '02 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 also has IFS, but nothing is said about a solid axle for 2500 & 3500 Rams. I believe Dana / Spicer are the only company making solid axles for light duty vehicles. I hope Dodge is negotiating a new contract. (Unless they plan to use a Daimler axle?)
Ed

On 2002-01-14 17:15, Outlaw Ram wrote:
I read in Petersens 4 wheel and off road that Dodge doesn't have a contract with Dana anymore but that they now how have a contract with AAM (they make GM axles). Thats good news for the future rams considering they wouldn't have signed the contract unless they expected to keep a solid axle underneath the heavy duty Rams.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts