Off Road Vehicles banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please look at http://www.dodgetrucksteeringproblems.com and add your input!!!!!!

·
Registered
923 Posts
I think I can sum up my feelings about that page: If you don't like the way your truck drives, get a different one! Don't get on the internet and complain because a 3/4 ton four wheel drive pickup doesn't drive like a mercedes! If I felt that my vehicle was as unsafe as these idiots claim, I think I would get rid of it, not go on the internet and whine about it.

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
not the trucks fault that the puss couldnt handle his ride...so i believe the needs to back the hell off and go buy a aztec or somthing more of his stature

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe you need to look what the State of Maine says in the section what dodge dosnt want you to know. I loved this truck until the steering got loose .It had great power and looked better than any other brand on the road but dodge could not fix it! Please do not think I am putting your truck down all Im asking is that you be open minded and veiw the facts and other people are having problems just like mine and some say they are not I can live with that so please look at the proof well then comment. Thank You

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Flat Bed wrecker for temporary Ihad hoped that dodge was going to release a 2500 ram with independant suspension and more powerful diesel with half shot injection that be quiet and have even more power thats why ford and the new chevy are quieter I hope that soon I can get a new truck I also have an old 88 GMC 1 ton 454 gasssss HOGGGG that I dont drive very often about 6 miles to the gallon the guy I bought it from bored and balanced it with crane towing cam and eldobrock TBI manifold and it loves the fuel thank you for the opertunity to talk to you guys .

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I took my steering stabilizer off of my 3/4 ton, I was painting it or cleaning it for some reason, anyway I was riding through my neighborhood and when the truck hit a small pot hole, the front end began to shake violently, it continued for about 20 yards, as I slowed the shaking continued until the truck stopped completely, I had to fight it to keep it on the road. I went home and put the steering atabilizer back on it. My friend had told me about a similar prob. he was having with his 1500, once he put the lift on it he couldnt drive it, the shaking was too bad, he put a steering stabilizer on it and it was fine. When my was shaking I thought my wheel was coming off the truck or the axle had broke, it was pretty scary. I wouldnt suggest driving a lifted ram without the stabilizer.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I wasn't impressed with the article "What Dodge doesn't want you to know" I read nothing in the article about not telling us anything. Just a bunch of complaining about "shake & shimmy"
Now, I'm sure there are Dodge "lemmons" out in the world (few and far) as there are Fords, GM's and chevy's. I don't think there's any vehicle manufacture that hasn't had some issues to deal with.
I agree with Rufram, about getting online and *****in about an issue. *****in will get you no where. If one want's to discuss the issues, there are a lot of knowledgeable folks that frequent this site, that can propably give a solution or place to start looking for one.
I've had a few mild incidents with the "shake & shimmy" (qouted from the article) on my truck,and I've experienced the "Death Wobble" in a lifted Ram. Am I worried that I'm going to DIE because of it? Hell no. I know what the cause is, how to fix it. My truck is definetly out of warranty. (paid off) but if the "shake & shimmy" happened to me with a brand spanking new RAM, it wouldn't leave the dealer until corrected PERIOD.
Constructive criticism is ok, destructive criticism will probably be ignored by all that frequent this site. Me included.
Troy

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
i agree with this guy that dodge's front is a pos. BUT good ole Jason i think has the cure for the steering on his frontend.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
more than likely you had a trashed trac bar, it caused my death wobble. replaced with a dt tracbar and no problems since.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
shunter why don't you go buy a pavement princess chevy if you want that ifs crap. learn how to fix your own truck and maybe actually read some of the posts here and you could have prevented this.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Ok guys... we all know where this is headed so before it gets there I'm shutting it down.

Maybe he took care of his truck and its just a lemon, or maybe he can't change his own oil or check air pressure. Its not up to us to decide that. Only thing that I ask is for people not to post links to websites that will start a scuffle over here. If you don't like your truck, like the others said, don't complain about it to everyone else. We've all had issues with our trucks once in a while (some more than others) but those of us that really care about the sport, our trucks, and having fun are willing to accept those problems and move on. If you are not willing to accept that fact then maybe you should sell you truck and but a Honda Accord.

-Chris

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.