Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that almost all Rams have a slightly (100-200#) softer spring on the passenger side. I beleive this is due to the gas-tank, battery, and driver all being on the driver's side, with nothing to offset that weight on the passenger side.

My new coils are the same rate, and the truck does sit higher on the passenger side. Hard to tell depending on how it's parked, but sometimes you can really see it.

I'm not about to do anything about it, I don't feel like tearing into the suspension, and I figure it's only looks.

But I'm curious if the lift manufacturers address this or not with thier kits?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought that might be the case.

Oh well. Only noticed it once, after dinner on Monday. Walking up the truck in Mtn. View, and noticed that it was sitting funny. GF confirmed it, so it wasn't just me.

Not really worth it too me to fix right now. Not exactly fun trying to wedge stuff into those spring buckets. Now, If I could articulate that side of the suspension down enough to disengage the spring, that would be different (and I'd be buying limiting straps FAST).

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yea I dont understand why the 2500 are the same height and the 1500 are are different, I was told it was because of the the added weight from the gas tank etc... I think that only skyjacker and fabtech have the different spring height, everybody else you have to add a spacer. I have the skyjacker springs because they come with a life time waranty against saging. Not to mention the good price from rockymountain suspension.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have skyjacker on my 84' ram which is all leaf springs. It has a little lean to the drivers side. Glad I'm not the only one with a leaning truck. I've been told they have spacers available. But it dosen't bug me enough to rip it apart again to put them in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts