Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys didnt like the pics from the last time I went out. Tonight I get a call, a friend is "hung up" turns out there is 2 trucks buried, I pull one out (ford 90, 36's) and drag him backwards through a deep ass hole for about 100 yards, and the next is an older dodge (1990) 3/4 ton on 35" bfg mt's. the front axle is gone in the mud. We snag and winch on him all night with no luck. Tomorrow we will free him hopefully, anyway here is a pic or two, more will follow tomorrow with daylight. By the way, my truck is black, not brown. Beast, I wish you were here for this one, you'd have loved it.

and

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh bye the way, check out me new dual stabilizers, they are in the bottom pic. I took pics of instaling them.......very easy. If anyone wants info on them let me know.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nice and grubby... I don't have my hitch receiver yet, otherwise I would come help ya. I don't have my tires yet either, so my traction offroad sucks anyway.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Both axles on the old dodge were buried, I could only see 2 of its tires and they were mostly covered, I winched the front bumper right off his truck trying to get him out. There was no where to pull or snag from, we tried that and that ended up getting me almost stuck. WE were on a cutover in a real low area, very soggy ground.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Big, do you have anymore pics.. I'm sure they would be good. WE are all waiting to see just how muddy you got that truck.. DDGETHS

·
Registered
683 Posts
Now thats what I like to see, Biginuf. 'Bout time you did it right.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, here are a couple pics in the sunshine today, It was a little dirtyier last night but I drove hom in the rain so it cleaned up a little.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sweet, Man Big that is one BIG A** Truck.. Very nice.. DDGETHS

Us married people can't afford all the good stuff.. :):

98 1500 360 4x4; 4.11s; 3" Tuff Country lift,33" G/Y MTs, A/R Atlas 15x10s; K&N; Con-ferr front axle truss; Warn grill guard; 12000lbs Warn winch. Cobra CB; Grizzly Nerf bars; Lund Bed cover and Tool box; Rough Country Steering Stab.; KC 100 Daylighters

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nice mud Big, but you didn't call me. You know better then that, what am I going to do with you?? I might jus have to disown you if you do it again!! LOL Too bad you couldn't get that Dodge out, looks like the only thing that could help that Dodge heap is a Ford......J/K, but seriously, did you go back and get it out?? You need to call me next time you go boggin, I wouldn't mind driving for ya :)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update:
Yesterday we had a local custom 4x4 tow truck attempt to pull the old ram out, Its a military 2-1/2 ton frame with a Kodiak front end and a mid 90's chevy stepside bed, it sky's the 44 boggers rear and 44 swampers front. Well......he got buired in the first creek, it was easy for me, but I guess his ESTIMATED 12K weight hurt him. So we went a got a construction worker friend with a full set of heavy equipment keys and "borrowed" a front end loader (cant remember the #) it was a bitch bitch though with about 8' tall rubber tires, it pulled out the Kodiak and then was buried in the 2nd creek crossing. So we had to borrow a D9 Dozer, if anyone is familiar with those, than you know they are LARGE, one guy we were with said it weighed almost 50 tons, after it pulled the front end loader out, we continued down the cutover toward the old dodge, we were all on foot. Except the driver of the D9, ground gave way on the D9 and it tipped dangerously into the creek, The driver (Ken I think) walked it out of the creek and decided he could go no further, the D9 and front end loader were returned. Another bud of ours with a 1 ton Chevy decided to hit the trail from the other side, nobody had tried that yet, and we werent really sure where it came out on the next road, we went in from the front with a snatch strap and the Chevy on 44's was able to free the old dodge, one last swamp crossing with another guy driving the young punks dodge got it out and onto dry soil. The punk has declared he will never go offroad again....haha yeah right.
The ruts were really 4-5 feet deep from the 2 pieces of heavy equipment and cut walking through them was a challenge it was pretty cool, but it got old after the 2nd day.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
now that is a true muddin' adventure! ya'll rock huggers think ya'll are havin fun. thats what it is all about. big, your roof looks kind of clean... you need more wheel spin :D:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
hey big just to let u know u borrowed about $300,000 worth of equipment and u almost FLIPPED A D9 now i rolled a d57 which is the size of about a D5 and that was a BITCH to get turned back over. it took a 953 cat and all that cat had to get it back over.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey BGM, my roof wasnt clean, I could taken a shovel to it...lol And if I had anymore wheelspin I would have been red lining her. I stomped it, maybe a supercharger would have helped.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts