Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw <!-- BBCode u2 Start -->http://www.performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/20-2005.html" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u2 End --> Its a 6" for a 2500!! almost $2000 though, but it sounds like a good lift. Any opinions? says it clears 38's no problem.

·
Registered
87 Posts
That lift may clear 38's with a 2 in. body lift on top of it. My cousin's 2500 Ram has a Skyjacker 8 in. lift with 38 in. Groundhawgs. Now that is a choice set up!!!

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where did he get this 8" skyjacker kit from? I have never heard of it before and still cant find any info. is this a late model ram? there are big sizes for the '93 and earlier but im a '98.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2001-12-27 11:32, Nick wrote:
That lift may clear 38's with a 2 in. body lift on top of it. My cousin's 2500 Ram has a Skyjacker 8 in. lift with 38 in. Groundhawgs. Now that is a choice set up!!!

that lift clears 38's without a body lift. go to off-road.com's site and check out bigdodgediesel, he has i think its a 97 or 98 with the dick cepek and a disel on 38's. he has pictures of it with a fork lift lifting one of the wheels off the ground, showing the amount of flex it has.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey man, can you post a link to that picture. Ive been looking all over the site and cant find it. prob right under my nose.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2001-12-27 17:47, HaWiiLuVeR wrote:
Hey man, can you post a link to that picture. Ive been looking all over the site and cant find it. prob right under my nose.

pardon my ignorance, but i dont know how to post a picture. i cant find a picture of his truck with the forklift, it was in a earlier post, but here is his normal signature post picture.

<!-- BBCode u2 Start -->http://bbs.off-road.com/wwwthreads//showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=offroaddodgetruck&Number=614549&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=big_dodge_diesel&Match=Username&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u2 End -->
there is also a guy on there that has a v10 2500 with 39.5 boggers.

{edit by JasonB to fix URL format}

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
maybe the signiture pic doesnt have the latest update, but it doesnt look like he has that dick cepek lift. anyways i spoke with tom cepek who is now running the suspension part of the company, he said that they redesigned it and it rides a lot better than the stock system. he said that the lift clears 38.5" tires. i think this is the lift i will be getting pretty soon. they have one in stock in Ca so all thats left to do now is to make up my mind and write the check :):

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
When Dick Cepek went out of buisness they were bought by Mickey Thompson, then MThompson sold the rights to the Dodge ram 6" lift to a company out west, they are now producing the lift again. I'll try to find this company's name and pass it along. The prices are almost the same as they were when Dick Cepek was selling the lift.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I had heard that Cepek was no more, I guess Mickey Thompson aquired them. Who's got the line now if it's not Mickey Thompson?

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mickey Thompson purchased Dick Cepek's assets about a year ago. They are producing the tires now, but they sold the suspension division/department. I talked to Tom Cepek and he is running Dick Cepek Suspensions. I assume that its a new company name. Tom bought the division from mickey thompson. they have recently redeveloped this lift using some of the same parts and better of others. Good quality!

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2001-12-28 14:06, HaWiiLuVeR wrote:
maybe the signiture pic doesnt have the latest update, but it doesnt look like he has that dick cepek lift. anyways i spoke with tom cepek who is now running the suspension part of the company, he said that they redesigned it and it rides a lot better than the stock system. he said that the lift clears 38.5" tires. i think this is the lift i will be getting pretty soon. they have one in stock in Ca so all thats left to do now is to make up my mind and write the check :):

according to him he does have the cepek lift.
from what he has described about what he has done to the truck he has some cash to blow or something. last i remember was rock ram steering, banks diesel upgrade, all new steering parts besides the rock ram.
here is a post on truckworld.com
http://www.truckworld.com/Readers-Rides/1rr-pg12.html

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
First and foremost, Skyjacker does not make an 8" kit for the Dodge Ram, especially the 2500 ram. Check your facts before you post. Secondly, the Cepek 6" is a nice set up and will clear 38" tires. However, I wouldn't take it off road with anything bigger than 36".

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The kit comes with Add-a-leafs for the rear, and blocks. but the blocks are not very big, maybe an inch. but they are wedges so the driveshaft angle is good

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
finally found it! here is the picture of the ram diesel with the dick cepek lift and the forklift.

http://monsterspeedfreak.com/html/dodge4x4trucks_1.html

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
This set-up gives you major flex!!! :eek::

This was taken from the description:
This truck has 6" of Dick Cepek Stage III lift, and includes new coils, in front, new four link setup, a Custom Set of National leafs for the rear, and 2" coil spacers in the front for a total of 8" of lift.

Looks like he tweaked the Cepek Lift with upgraded components! Sweet set-up! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds like what i have in mind. I have the spacers in the front already, and ill see if i need anything more in the rear.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Hey Hawii for the rear lift don't get the Cepek get some Nationals. I am getting the 6" and for our 2500's its $600 plus $90 for bushings and ubolts. The Nationals eliminate the rear block. If you want somewhere a little cheaper I know of a place out of Fresno.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
for the back, i want to go with a light rate spring. lighter than a 1500, but enough to hold the truck weight. then get some air bag helper springs to support any additional weight. the 2500's ride a little rough when unloaded in the back, as you prob know.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts