Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been plagued with this miserable condition. Ive replaced plenty parts; that slowed it down but it still haunts me...
any ideas?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Replace the trac bar. That is what creates Death Wobble, trust me. Go with a DT trac bar, the best one out there.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
i dont have the address to them, i had bought mine off ebay for $175 with a rebuild kit brand new.
the benefits are.
well it solves the death wobble.
the bar will probaly out live the truck.
its rebuildable, uses a heims and the frame end so the ball joint doesnt wear out in 10k miles like the OEM.
helluva lot stronger for lifts and big tires.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
DT bars are $330 shipped, and that's with a bracket for the frame-end, and now heims at both ends, and adjsutable length at both ends.

Death wobble is caused by:

• Loose track-bar
  • loose tie-rod end
  • out-of-balance tires
  • blown steering stabilizer
  • bad tires

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I heard the DT track bar was for 3" lifts alone, and 6" lifts with the drop bracket.
Will it work on my truck, with 7-8" susp.?
Does anyone have this setup that could tell me how theirs works?

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bad alignment causes death wobble also right? And does anyone have the DA600 extreme drop pitman arm? Would that help...

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
The wobbling is from something being loose, but there's a LOT of things to check.

Mine turned out to be a combo of tires and the track-bar.

The DT always uses the same bracket, but comes in different length bars.

For a 3" lift, you don't need a track-bar relocation or a drop pitman. I'm running neither and have wonderfully steering. But it used to wobble, and replacing the tires was the key.

They may have been out of balance, or a belt had seperated internally, or just odd wear, but they're a lot better now (none at all).

The wobble also helped eat my second track-bar.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts