Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought 2 inch daystar spacers for my front coils and my neighbor was gonna put them on at his shop for me for free. he said he would do it but it would probably need a front end alignment afterwards but the tires i have on there (305/70R16's) woudnt fit on the alignment rack. i was wondering of anyone who has these on thier truck if you needed to align it afterwards. if you do ill take it to the local 4X4 shop and have them do it. any help would be great.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
i did everything myself right after an alignment actually. havent noticed any problems. the passenger side was a little harder than the driver, you might want to start with that one. other than that, id say you could do it yourself no prob even without an alignment. total i think it took me about 2 hours. but ill bet half of that was figuring out how i was gonna jack my truck up that high. my floor jacks only go 4" lower than the frame sits. lots of wood blocks or a lift. Good luck. email me or post if you have any problems.

·
Registered
58 Posts
First i did my 2" spacers, and no alignment..

then did my 3" skyjacker, no alignment...

then put custom weldin 1" spacer no alignment...

Have absolutley no uneven wear on the tires...3,000 miles later.....

will do after another 2or 3" of lift....

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
You could probably get by with no alignment, but whenever you do anykind of work with the suspension, you should have it aligned. I know, it costs alot to do, but actually, when a vehicle is out of alignment, it not only affects the tires, but all the steering/suspension hardware and components take on added stress from the mis-alignment. Its not noticable at first, but the longer you wait for that alignment, the closer you will be to having far more worse problems...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts