Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a place locally that sells and installs the 2 inch Daystar spacers. $250 for the spacers and $60 to install them. Has anyone heard anything bad about them? Daystar emailed me and said that I do not need new shocks for my truck. I might run just the 2 inch spacers or possibly add rear add-a-leafs later. Has anyone heard of any problems with the Daystars?

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
i have them on my truck for about 2 months now. havent had a problem yet. im still running the stock shocks. if you want, i can get the spacers for you for $150. they arent hard to install at all. i would recomend doing it yourself if you have some basic tools and a jack.

·
Registered
807 Posts
i bought mine for $160 dollars, heres the link: http://www.central4wd.com/store/itemdetail.asp?ID=4007
the pic shows them in yellow but mine came in black. havent had any problems with them yet, had em on for about 4 thousand miles. the place that installed mine had to get 2 inch longer shocks for them. when i said that daystar told me i didnt need longer shocks they told me to call them up and ***** them out because you do, but maybe thats just for the off-road. it makes sense though, 2 inches of lift = 2 inch longer shocks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am planning on putting daystars on my 1500 4x4, the question is how big of a tire would i be able to fit? I will be getting 15x8 rims soon,but for now would my stock rims and my 265/75r16 tires look ok? im am also getting new shocks in the front but not in the rear would my truck still ride ok?thanks for any info. chris..

·
Registered
807 Posts
with the daystars you could probably run 285/75's. i have 305/70's (33's) but with the offroad package and the daystars im 3 inches over your stock ram. i had to buy 2 inch longer shocks even though the idiots at daystar said i didnt. if you think about it, if the shocks have to reack 2 more inches to make up for the daystars then theyll have to be 2 inches longer. anyways, i still have the stockers in the back and it rides fine. you wont have to replace those unless theyre getting worn out. i bought trailmaster shocks for my front and i cant tell much difference on the street between those and the stock off-road shocks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey Canyonero02, what are the chances of a truck set up like yours (Off-Road with only the daystars) handling 35in's on the stock rims?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I have a stock 99 1500 4X4 and I'm already running 285/75's with no problems. I just bought a set of Daystars, but not because I needed the clearance. I just hate the way stock front ends sag so I wanted to level it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts