Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have the problem of their truck really, really tightening up when they installed their Daystar Spacers? Let me know, and how, if at all, you fixed it.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey James, I took off the shocks, and yes, they were too short. They were actually compressing the springs, because they were so short. I took the shocks off, the truck raised a little more, but when I drove, it would jump more. I went over a ditch at 25 mph, and the front end bounced a foot off the ground about 10 times. (I had a freind watch to see how high, and he told me a foot). I pressed the brakes to stop, and everytime the wheels hit the ground, they screeched like an airplane landing. The truck tires get airborn on every bump. Thank god I didn't have to turn. Ahh! Im driving my explorer for a while. Can you e-mail me at [email protected] your phone number, and where your shop is so I can stop by some time. Thanks.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It actually didn't need a new spring, and second, I did drive with the shocks off, but when I put the truck back down, the tires didn't even go back up, which means its maxed out so shocks are useless, because the springs shoot the tires down so fast.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I checked the stops. It aint them. Anyways, I will now have a chance to buy those Rancho's I want, but why the truck is so bouncy is beyond me. I need help. Tell James to e-mail me.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey James. I'll try some longer shocks, and let you know what happens. If this works, great, if not, then I guess its over because my dad will not pay anymore. And second, why the shop didn't pick up on it is beyond me. The old shocks were compressing the springs so that could be a problem, but i'll try longer ones. I think the truck is maxed out thats why. I'll let you know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts