Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my truck wheelin for the first time last week (good times) but ever since, my 4wd light has been flickering. NOW, my brake and ABS lights are on all the time. I've only had the truck for a couple weeks so maybe this isn't the first...

My 99 1500 had electrical problems after wheelin too. The dome light would flicker. It quit by itself after a day or so.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
for the 4wd light, try cleaning out the CAD unit on the front axle. i was having trouble with mine engaging, so i cleaned it out and it worked much better.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried cleaning the connections on the front diff...nothing. Anyone else have any ideas? It's still under warranty but I hate dealing with them, if it's something simple I'd just as soon do it myself.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
make sure the vacume lines attatched to ther crossmember going to the t-case are ok and free of crap. i have not seen it, but on the cherokee (similer setup) there is a vacume "thinng-e" in the engine bay that always came undone. i do not know if there is one on the ram. do you know if the hubs are locked when the light flickers?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts