Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im having a hard time deciding on a set up too many options ....i have a 2001 1/2 ton dodge off road cant decide where to put the money!!! some options to pricey others not what i want... im telling its tough!im looking to make it look sweet but realy gonna be on road more than off ...was thinking 8 inches of lift but now thinking 5 as rims to pricey for bigger tires! and if i go too big with tires gearing wont be right!! man what a mess! lol im going insane!!! LOL big not always better... maybe i should go smaller on lift and tires and put some money into horsepower gains??? hell what would you do with $4,000 to spend on mods????

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey, Haven't been on here in a while....That is the same thing I was caught up in when I got my truck, I think you would be glad to do the HP gains and get everything right before the lift and tires. First things you should get that are cheap for the HP they make is A K&N Airraid intake or something to that degree and an aftermarket exhaust system. It will sound better and run smoother, Check out http://www.4wheelparts.com
They have pretty good deals on that stuff. People have different preferences, I personally want a solid axle and some 38's but i think you should go with the Skyjacker 5" suspension and some 35's or 36's and later on if you want to go bigger get a body lift or something. Good luck on your truck!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
if i were you, id go with a 5" lift which would accomodate up to a 36" tire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts