Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as we all know, i put the 3" Skyjacker in last weekend.

I wasnt happy at all with the nose down look my truck had. the answer from skyjacker was ..well sometimes it happens.

So this week i ordered the 3/4" coil spacers made by Superlift..Hard to find, since they put the wrong part# on there web site...

Today i modified the spacers to be a total of 1" instead of 3/4...

Now my truck sits perfectley level....it measures 45" from the ground to the center of wheelwell in the frt, and 47" in the rear...
Thats with the 285's......so friggin small now!!!!

Some tips.........rent coil spring compressors....

I jacked the truck to preload the springs, then tightened each side.. Unbolted the sway bar from the end links, and let the rear down........the springs fell right out.....

I put in the new spacer, installed the spring, jacked the rear up.....and all done.....

After it was all bolted together, i stitch welded the spacers to the OE perches.....

If anyone is interested in a set of these spacers, just email me....

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
BigT,

Im surprised that the 3" Skyjacker still sat with the nose down??? Usually, any kit that replaces the front springs (not spacers) levels out the truck. Actually, the front is lifted a full 3" and the rear 2.50" to level out the truck??? My 5" kit totally leveled out my Dodge!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea it pissed me off......but i fixed the problem my own way, which as you read gave me more lift......and there was a definete diff in spring size, but we all know the bigger spring goes on the drivers side......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts