Off Road Vehicles banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Hey foolish did ya flip it. I thought the holes were tapered. Does this mean I can use the 2500 set-up or did I miss something. I gpot to get this stearing thing fixed. I keep drifting. And the dealer says the aliegment is ok. MY AZZ. Ill fix it my self.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Actually looking into the upgradeable steering I have had SEVERAL Fab shops tell me to stay away from Hiem Joint steering - it's too rough on road, it breaks just as anything else and the stock stuff does the job - it just needs to be beefed a bit! I like the set up Jason and now that I am single dad, single income - things might be a bit farther in the future than originally anticipated! :(:

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
jason, How much lift do you have? I was just out looking at my steering. If I run the set-up you have it looks like I will hit the skyjacker trac bar drop bracket, when the drivers side compresses. Unless I run a DT trac bar.It looks like you are running a stock trac bar with no drop bracket. I wnat to go with the stearing set-up from that Kieser I posted on. But that dang trac bar bracket is in the way. I wanted to see a pic of anyone running your set-up with a DT. Do you know anyone with that set-up? Here is a pic of a jeep set-up I would like.

Here is a pic of the Kieser its hard to see the rod from the drivers side.

2001 4X4

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
3" suspension lift on my truck

The later model Rams (00+) have the knuckle to knuckle tie rod from the factory. I wish I could do a high steer setup, but since we do not have flat top knuckles, that is difficult. All we can do without welding brackets to the cast knuckles, is flipping to the top of the steering arms (see the Bullet Proof stering thread)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts