Off Road Vehicles banner

Custom Center Console

913 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Henderson 456 
#1 ·
By Nick

This is the console I started while working on my [tech_article_link_12]. While working on the York system I created another switch and another gauge. Finding a place was very easy. I Picked the spot right where the cup holder was. Next to the 4X shifter.
Vehicle Car Subcompact car Peugeot 206 Family car

I drew the console out on paper, and wouldn't ya know it didn't turn out anything like the drawing. So I modified it. The drawing not the console.
Diagram Line Furniture Parallel Plan

The top is made of Aluminum plate 1/8". I went to the local office supply store and bought a black seamless binder for around a dollar to cover the top.
Product Folder Cd/dvd organizer Ring binder Transparency

I tried using contact cement to glue it. But in the summer heat it created gas pockets. So I didn't use anything. I picked out some painlesswiring.com switches
Product Electronic device Technology Electronics Electronics accessory

I cut holes in the aluminum for the switches and gauges. They hole the plastic notebook cover in place. While I worked on the top, I sent the console to a local upholstery shop. I talked to the lady about using stock vinyl. She pulled out a dodge book with the vinyl color code and texture. Cost $125. I could have done a better job. I picked up the console and put it all together. It turned out quite nice.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Center console Sedan

Car Vehicle Center console Mitsubishi pajero

I am sitting there With my favorite beverage. ( Disclaimer don't try that at home I am a professional) When Low and behold it hit me I ain't got no where to put down my beverage. I remembered that my buddies at PavementSucks.com had an advertisement for http://www.genosgarage.com who happened to sell the very item I needed . Well everything didn't go that smooth. It took about 3 months to get most of the console together. Suggestion if your just going to put switches on your console , use Plexiglass for the top. Its easier top cut holes in.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.