Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
as you may or may not know I have a Willys project, and I am seriously looking at using a 94 Cummins, my Father currently has. It has no tranny, so I need advise. What options are out there. I'd kinda like an auto, but I have heard that Dodge has had problems with them. Are there any other makes of trannys that'l mount up? Also what should I look for in a transfer case. Any help will greatly simplify my current enigma.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Is there even enough room? the cummins is a very long block. It takes up most of the room the ram has to offer for it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's going be highly modified 54' Willy's Overland station wagon. I'm not all too worried about the room, as I'll fabricate as need be.

·
Registered
502 Posts
There is always the option of getting a fuully built up Auto from any of the guys that make trans parts for the Diesels.

Or at least rebuild a stock one and install some upgrades.

Bill

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wieght isn't going to be an issue, all the components will be off a 3/4 ton or greater. I have an 89 F250, which I am using for the rear end, and possably going to utilize the chassis, don't know If I want to do that much work subing the frame and such. Also trying to decide if I want to use the IFS of the F250 (Kinda doubt I'll use that)...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts