Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious on what everyone paid to lift their truck. I have researched many places and the cost differs a lot from place to place. For a 5" BDS kit, parts and install, I was quoted anywhere from 1800.00 to 2500.00, that is rediculous.
I found that the parts averaged out to be about 1100.00 bucks anywhere I looked. The install was where the price differed. I thought about doing it myself, but I have already done enough of that work on my old truck. I am just curous what people paid and where. Maybe we can start recommending to each other people/places to have work done so we can all benefit.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have a 01 Dodge Ram that I am lifting 3" with a 3" ProComp setup and 16x10 589's and 305/70/16 MT/R's and its costing me about $1500 with installation. Were abouts are you. A friend of mine has his own shop and I get my stuff thru him at his cost.

Bob

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, that sounds like a great deal especially for ProComp. Is your truck 2wd or 4wd? I am in the nothern Chicagoland area. There are quite a few shops around, but no deals that good around here. Where's his shop located? ...hopefully not too far!

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
the newer dodges are realy easy to lift. the hardest part is the driver side rear leaf where the bolt is blocked by the gas tank.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
SilverOffRoadster,

That's about right! Lift kits range from $1000 - $1500 for a 5" set-up. Labor is anywhere between $700 - $1000, depending on which kit manufacturer. A complete package with lift, shocks, wheels, tires, mount & balance, installation labor, alignment, etc...will run you anywhere from $3500 - $4500, again depending on the brand of parts. Yes, it's expensive, but you won't regret it... :bigthumb:

·
Registered
502 Posts
SilverOffroadster,

Tunis is dead on with his pricing.
I recently received a qoute on a complete set up and it was about $4400 out the door for everything installed.
You can get kits that cost less by using spacer and add-a-leaf instead of springs which will save a few hundred. As for the install the only difference you will see should be based off of the local labor rate.
I am working on a deal that should get me out the door for just under $4k.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I live in washington state and i am about to lift my 99 ram sport. For the 3" Rancho lift, it is $965 out the door. For the 5" lift's, the shop will install them for $400-$450.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am having a BDS kit installed at a local shop here in Illinois. I went with BDS cause you can't beat the warranty. You break it, we'll send you a new one, no questions asked. I am getting the 5" kit installed with alignment. Complete and out the door for $1800.00. I guess I got a pretty good deal myself. I can't wait, it goes on Monday Jan 7th. I am going to get the 35 BFG Muds for 850.00 and mount them on my stock offroad rims, whole deal will be about 2700.00 for the new look.

1320, I am located in Long Grove, near Buffalo Grove and Vernon Hills. What shops do you usually go to?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Thats not a bad deal there Silver. Granted our two trucks have different suspensions, but I paid about $3500 out the door for spring/tires/brake lines/shocks/etc..

-Chris

·
Registered
807 Posts
hey silveroffroadster, what shop did you use. i live in the south suburbs and only know of one place around here, godmudders.
http://www.godmudders.com
they told me instalation would be about $595 (i think thats what they told me, it was 5 something). thats w/o parts. i thought that was pretty cheap. they do nice work too.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went to Attitude Performance. They have a website: http://www.attitudeperformance.com
Matt is he owner and does a lot of the work himself. He is great to work with. I should know, I bother him almost everyday it seems. He likes to answer questions thought to make sure you get exactly what you want. When I emailed Godmudders, they were trying to sell me body lifts and more parts than I really wanted at the time. They also didn't know what size tires I could run with different rims. I asked about some trucks on their website, and they said that some lifts werent really the size they were. They quoted me a lot too.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Sounds to me like most places out side of CA have a cheaper labor rate. The cheapest place I know of around here is $75hr. Most shops are $80-$85. Some dealers are over $100.

I just love the costs of living in this area.

Basic labor on a Skyjacker 5 inch class II with rear leafs is about $750.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1320:
I wish I had talked to you earlier. I already have the truck rady to go over to Attitude Sunday. I used to do all my lifting on my old truck, but I would barrow all the jacks and everything needed from a friend who moved away. I didn't want to be without a truck for too long just because I don't have the correct tools. I may be doing a body lift in the future, I'll look you up then. The 35's should be ok on our rims. I have a set of 32 SSR's on right now and at full lock, I have a couple of inches to spare before it would hit the control arm. I am going to try it once I find a tire that I like that will fit a 17 inch rim. I just don't want my tires to be way outside of trucks body, I had that setup on my old truck. Also, I love these rims on the Offroad.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts