Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get this rack on my roof, but i dont know how it mounts. does anyone have this or know how it mounts? i really dont wanna drill holes in my roof.

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
this is the rack...

here one mount, but for raingutter...

heres the other, but it looks like it requires drilling...

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i saw a dodge somewhere with a light bar mounted on his roof, but it mounted inside the door, without drilling. how much weight does the rack hold?

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2002-04-20 12:25, HaWiiLuVeR wrote:
i saw a dodge somewhere with a light bar mounted on his roof, but it mounted inside the door, without drilling. how much weight does the rack hold?

from what i seen on the tnn trucks show, they put one on the cap roof of a s10 pickup. then they showed the bigger guy(the guy who is still on the show)sitting on the rack. so i would say atleast 200lbs. BigDodgeDiesel from the off-road.com site has one on his fiberglass cap, and the one picture he has, has his spare 38" superswamper in it with some other gear.
i hope that gives you an idea.
the company truck i had at my old job had the yellow hazard lights on the roof(a 98 chevy 1500), it had j hook the attached to the inside jamb around the top of the door and used something like a turnbuckle to tighten it up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts