Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i swap the front coil springs on a 99 1500 shortbed singlecab with 2500 diesal springs, then put like 5" blocks in rear intead of the stock ones. will the truck sit right, and or will the suspension be all screwed up by being stiff up front and mushy in the back. I also plan on putting a couple hundred pounds of bumper and winch up front. Any opinions on what to do instead would be great.

·
Registered
497 Posts
The diesel springs should give you about 3" up front and if you put a 5" block in the back it will sit more level than it does now, I would recommend a AAL for the rear, it may make the ride a little stiffer but I didnt notice with mine. The block would ride the same as the factory one. Also if you are putting a heavy bumper up front it might weigh the springs down a bit but not much since they are alot stiffer than a 1500 coil!

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
if you dont get diesel coils you wont get any more lift out of them.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have a winch on my stock 1500 and there is little to no squat in the front.... Just letting you know that putting a mount and winch won't do much squatting especially if you're using 3/4ton stuff.

·
Registered
206 Posts
not sure if he still has them, but i was going to buy some diesel 2500 springs from chinookCE. you might wanna try pm'ing him to see if he still has them. i too would recommend an aal for the rear though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys. I think im gonna take your advice and go with the add a leafs, i just didn't know if they would raise the rear up enough to be level with the frontend, about 2" right.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i put 3500 deseil springs in the front of my 1500 and an add-a-leaf in the rear its fine cheap mans lift and not as harsh as i thought.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts