Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sudenly when I was flexing, with the swaybar attached appears a clonking noise, I check all the nuts and bolts on the suspension sistem and everything was Ok, the only problem that I find was this disturbing noise on the Upper end of the Panhard Bar, the problem is that I don´t want to replace it for the OEM, so I was thinking on upgrading the Panhard and I don´t find any. Anyone knows if I could replace the upper rod for a solid unit? or for a stronger unit? Anyone of you guys have had the same problem? and if some have had it, how did you solve it or you are living with it?
Note: The upper end rod is integrated in the Panhard, so you can´t replace the Rod, you need to change the entire piece.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I think your talking about the trackbar, very similar to a panhard bar. And yes you can get a new one from dodge for around 300 or you can get the DT PRO FAB bar, there is one for 0-3" of lift and one for 3-6" of lift, it does away with those crappy tierod ends that frequently go bad, it uses a 140,000 lb Heim joint at the top, and a urethane bushing with sleeve at the bottom. The DT comes with a new drop bracket that looks indestructable and probably is. It mounts to the frame in 4 spots where as the skyjacker drop bracket mounts in 2 and the factory only 1.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Biginuf, where can I get one of those?, the truck of the pic is your truck?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yeah the truck in the pic was mine. Here is there contact info...
They have an old website that has 1 pic on it and its not even the new bar its the old one they dont sell anymore and the prices are wrong too, its a crappy site, he said they would be getting a new site but that was a few months ago and still nothing.

484 EZ Street
Prescott, AZ 86301
PH#(520)776-4129
Fax#(520)776-2405
Toll Free 1-888-776-2403
If you want anymore info about the bar just ask me, I'll try to help you with anything you need.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Did that lift come with a trac bar adapter to lower it on the top end?? If so, I would check it for loose. It may appear tight, but look at it while someone turns your steering back and forth. Mine has come loose as well as many others I have heard. If this is the problem you will sometimes get a wobble in the front end after hitting a bump.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Biginuf, My truck is lifted 6" with a Dick Cepek Lift, the lift came with a drop bracket for the track bar, I beleive that when I buy the DT ProFab, the drop bracket will be useless for the new bar?. Actually I saw the web page of DT ProFab and it really is a crappy web page.
The bar that I´m talking about is the one that give support to the axle and goes from the axle to the chassis, and prevent the axial movement of the axle. Am I right? :wink:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Right Chili, the trackbar is the chrome bar in that pic i posted above. It only comes in chrome, if you dont like that you'll need to sand it down and paint it. Im gonna powdercoat mine black I think. Your 6" lift bracket will be useless for the DT Bar, you are correct.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Biginuf, I want to buy Kodiak Sidewinder steps and a rear power sliding window, where can I buy each things and the aproximate price for each? Please

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Well the best deal on the steps that ive seen lately would be at Geno's garage for $350.00 per pair. see link <!-- BBCode u2 Start -->http://216.167.98.200/CoastalData/showdetl.cfm?&DID=30&User_ID=164123&st=3450&st2=49192065&st3=-78445807&Product_ID=554&CATID=6" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u2 End -->
and for the power sliding rear window i think they run about 400 plus you'll probably need a glass company to install the window part of it. <!-- BBCode u2 Start -->http://www.auto-extra.com/sliding_window.htm" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u2 End --> hope that helps.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey A##hole Castro, why don´t you better buy a truck instead of trying to convince me to buy things, that way we can buy things together and you can spend your money and no others money, your stupi# A##hole (JOKE) :bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Leave your father alone, he´s loosing money because of you. Me gusta mucho la barra de la camioneta negra, de verdad quiero comprar una, ojalá que ese sea el ruido de la mía, porque sino me muero. y regalo $300. (in spanish)(in english) I really like the trackbar of Biginuf, I hope that my noise is the track bar, because if don´t I will die and give as a present $300.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts