Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '99 Dodge Ram and its pretty much stock. It does have the little bit bigger than stock BFG's on but I want cleavage. I was wondering if 33-12.50's on a 10 inch rim would rub and if so how much? The BFG's look good on my truck, but I want meat and it's still under warranty.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
The tires you have on there now (285/75) already measure 32.8 X 11.20 so you're practically there. I have a 99 1500 (not a sport) with 285/75/16 Bridgestones and the only rub I get is on extreme turns and that's only the control arms so I can't imagine that much difference...my 2 cents

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
good call MotorHead. i didnt notice his current tire size until you mentioned it. ive got the same 285/75 tires, and they arae almost 33".

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate your "two cents" Motorhead, but I've heard that since Dodge has such deep fender well that if I were to put a 10" rim on there it would rub tremedously. By the way, cleavage is a term used around here refering to how much the tire sticks out of the fender space, giving the truck a wider stance. I've seen 35-12.50's not rub on a stock off road sport but noone I can think of has 33-12.50's on a stock '99 w/10" rims.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
I have a 2000 1500, and the firt Mod i´ve made was putting 33x12.50-15 on 15x10 Hellcats, and they rubbed a lot on turns. Then I install a 3" Dick Cepek Stage II suspension, and they rubbed occasionally when the front suspension articullated a lot, and with the wheels completely turned. Note that the 2500 is about 2" higher than the 1500.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you think if went with an 8" rim they would rub the 12.50's? I'm planning on going with hellcats myself. You just can't bet their look on Dodge. Does anyone know if they make a Ground Hawg tire for a 16" rim? Because if they do I'll just go ahead and buy 16x8" hellcats now and run my BFG's until they're bald. By the way Jean, thanks.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Well, if my 2 peenies are worth anything, here they are: I have a 5.5" and I have LOT'S of room between the bottom of my fender-well and the top of my tire. I love it! I thought do get rubbing on a full lock turn, and that is only hitting the lower outer corner of the "inner fender-well" plastic piece!

LUV24BY

·
Registered
213 Posts
33" on a 8" rim won't rub stock. the 10" will rub at just before full lock. if you put a 3" lift you will clear them on the 10s

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for your answer. That'll help me out a lot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts