Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw in a magazine some clear lights for the ram and they look really nice, but i haven't see them installed in a truck yet. It may be possible that they are less resistant to the elements than the original ones?
Check them at http://www.lightlens.com/dodge.htm

·
Registered
923 Posts
I have a friend with them on his ram and he has had them for over a year and they look exactly like they did the day he got them. As soon as he find a buyer for his truck, I want those things. I think they make the truck look cleaner and more stylish especially with clear corner lenses on the front. But I'm 19 and old men, (over 30) might feel differently.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Patricio,

Check out these styles for the front and rear:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just saw a Dodge with those today. I think they look pretty cool. I have heard others say they don't like them but they never say why.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I don't know if they're illegal or not...if they are, then why do a lot of the performance shops in California sell them? Also, if they are it's not an enforced law, i've never seen anyone pulled over for them. So many people here have them on their cars and trucks though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i dont know CA law, but i know TX law quite well(since its my job). and most states are the same on this. the rear of the car must have red reflectors visible from a certain distance(which varies state to state)during the day and at all distances at night. the red reflective cover does this. yes, many cars put em on around here when they first came out, and yes, many got pulled over and some written tickets for them.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Ian,

Alot of "not street legal" products are sold in CA, if you read the fine print, it will say: "not legal for street use" or for "off road use only". I believe the lights are DOT approved and street legal. It's the brake light lenses that are totally clear that are illegal...had a friend who got pulled over for them...same goes for the clear front corner lamps...CA law states that they must be amber...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Sorry I didn't specify enough, Tunis said it how it is. And you can be pulled over for having them installed, just depends if the officer wants too. Most of the time people dont get pulled over for it, but they add it to the ticket when they pull you over for speeding or something else. Same go for oversized tires you really are supposed to have mud flaps and fender flares if they stick out. Most of us have more than one illegal thing on our vehicles, such as modified exhaust, big tires, window tinting, uncovered off-road lights just they don't get enforced much.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Funny you should mention uncovered off-road lights. When I was going to school in Illinois[I'm from WI, went to UTI Chicago]I was pulled over for this. The lights weren,t even hooked up[I was actually taking the rollbar off and didn't finish]and the officer pulled out a toolbox and made me take them off right there in front of him.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The way that it goes in Michigan if you get cited for the improper taillights is called a repair and report citation. A R&R. all one has to do after receiving a R&R is take out the clear taillights (or front corner lights) and replace them with the stock lights. then show the "repair" to any police officer, they are required to then sign off on the citation. then just mail it in to the city or county the ticket came from within the specified time. No more ticket, and no fine.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Someone up there asked if they made all clear taillights. Yes, the company I'm most familiar with is APC american products company. They are sold through Jegs, and probably Summit as well as every major 4x4 or auto mag out there. About a hundred bucks brand new.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
There's nothing wrong with imports...my other car is an Acura Integra...and I love the gas mileage! It's got 160K miles and still running strong! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
295 Posts
JHoek- It would be a fix-it ticket here in CA, basically the same you put the stock lights back in and you get the ticket signed off, but it still costs you a little, $10.00

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
the clear corners are legal if you have amber or white bulbs in them. no other color is legal though. personally i think that too many people have those euro taillights and i wouldnt put them on my truck. its more of a show car type of thing. my truck is for play!!

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2002-01-16 01:28, HaWiiLuVeR wrote:
the clear corners are legal if you have amber or white bulbs in them. no other color is legal though. personally i think that too many people have those euro taillights and i wouldnt put them on my truck. its more of a show car type of thing. my truck is for play!!

exactly, they were something different when they first came out. now everyone has them, so to be different you would keep the stockers. just like when i go to minitruck show(yes i like lowered minis, nissans in particular)all the trucks are bagged or juiced. they arent original anymore. its like ohh another truck with airbags.

·
Registered
807 Posts
and the money you spend on those tail lights isnt going to give your truck any more power or offroad ability. use the money for something usefull.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts