Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any good tips for keeping rust off the chrome wheels in the winter? I know its not very smart to run chrome in winter but they are the only wheels I have.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Could spray them down with/ wipe them with a thin coat of oil to keep the water away from the metal, thus causing oxidation...just a thought. Or even car wax on them? Not sure if wax would work or not. Hope that helps.

Nick.

'99 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins QuadCab, 4 1/2" skyjacker Stage I,315/75/16 TXR's, K&N air filter, smitybilt brushguard with 2- 6X9 KC daylighters, pilot reverse lights, bedliner, front and rear door steps,Cobra CB, Bushwacker fender flares, More to come...

·
Registered
213 Posts
I know that it sounds strange but put a thin layer of vasaline(spelling??) over the wheel. They may look like crud but it'll protect them.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have heard wax does work, and vaseline. I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
KY jelly. lol

·
Registered
275 Posts
i just keep a can of WD40 in the truck and spray em down befor i diver in the slop.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
not sure if you have this product but it's a rim polish called Never Dull. works great to polish your rims but it will protect them too. i use it before and after heavy mudding so sand and s*** won't scratch em up. should work for you too. reapply every couple of weeks.
troy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts