Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres a ram for sale by my house, seems real cheap. if i didnt owe anything on mine i would think about getting it. it just seems like its priced too low for what its got.

http://wwwheels.com/cfapps/brochure.cfm?id=1653095

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I love the look of beadlocks.... good find... and nice truck.. I found a truck by me a 1994 chevy extended cab z71 with 103,000 miles... the guy wants 15,000 so I told him he was on crack...and hence it doesnt sit in my driveway.. kbb.com lists it as from a dealer at 10,200 ... geezz..

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
It's a sweet looking truck!!!:

...but you're right, why so cheap??? and fairly low mileage too...

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2002-01-10 00:03, TUNIS wrote:
It's a sweet looking truck!!!:

...but you're right, why so cheap??? and fairly low mileage too...

:bigthumb:

cause im sure the things has major problems, especially since those look like 38's. hey canyonero do you remember seing a yellow std. cab ram on 35" swamper going around chicago? if you do when i was looking for a new truck for the wife up at midlothian dodge back in march(i get my lift kit she gets a new vehicle so she cant *****) the guy traded it in. according to the dealer the guy dumped because it was having axle and tranny problems. the thing had a big decal that said Tonka on the windshield. i dont remember how much they were asking but the truck was a 1999 with low miles. the guy bought the extended warranty and the dealer put ram bigfoot type truck down on the paperwork, it was up there because the extended warranty wouldnt cover it.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
yeah in my opnion a 1/2 ton truck is not built to take the stress 38's cause to run 38's u need a 3/4 ton truck or even a ton truck unless u upgrade the entire drive train on the 1/2 ton

·
Registered
502 Posts
depending on the options the blue book for that truck should be between $16 and $17k.
I would have to ask what it wrong with it.
If I was a betting man I would say there it has some kind of tranny issue with an auto and those size tires and lift. It could be axles as well but you never know.

I have also seen a rare case where someone did have to sell a nice car cheap just to get out from under the payments or had a baby on the way.. No those arent always just stories they tell you.. I have friends that had to do it.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its probably got the 5.2. it looked good up close from the ouside, but it might have tranny problems, who knows.

and yeah i have seen the tonka truck, godmudders lifted it. its a nice looking truck. its got a 5 inch suspension and 2 inch body lift with 35X15.5 inch tires. those wide of tires put alor of stress on the truck. i wouldnt go anything bigger than a 5 inch lift with 35's or 36's on a 1500 ram. im even afradi to run that without having problems. when i trade my truck in in a year or 2, i know i hate to drive a ford, but those superdutys are awfully tempting. they handle 38's and 39's without any problems at all.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2002-01-11 00:50, canyonero02 wrote:
its probably got the 5.2. it looked good up close from the ouside, but it might have tranny problems, who knows.

and yeah i have seen the tonka truck, godmudders lifted it. its a nice looking truck. its got a 5 inch suspension and 2 inch body lift with 35X15.5 inch tires. those wide of tires put alor of stress on the truck. i wouldnt go anything bigger than a 5 inch lift with 35's or 36's on a 1500 ram. im even afradi to run that without having problems. when i trade my truck in in a year or 2, i know i hate to drive a ford, but those superdutys are awfully tempting. they handle 38's and 39's without any problems at all.

i dont know about the superduty's with 38"s. i know they will fit and all but its only a dana 50 upfront, unless ford put a beefer axle id still be a little leary. damn i have so much money tied up into my truck my wife would kill me if i traded it in even in 3 years, the thing is going to be a 10 year project. next on the list is a a m1 manifold, 4bbl throttle body, roller rockers, and a cam. the cam is good for 46hp by itself. and being i only have the 318, i need to locate a 360 for the 408 stroker kit.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im sure if i had the money it would be going into my truck as well. a 5 inch lift is going on in the summer and a few minor engine mods and i'll be done, at least for a while.

and i think superdutys have dana 60's up front, not dana 50's.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
A common misconception is that the Superduty's have dana 60's up front. Truth is they used to, but when they went to the new style they went with the Dana 50. However, on a positive note, the Dana 60 is standard on all 2002's. Sorry Charlie, if you just had to have one when they first came out, you have a Dana 50.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey i think that truck sold. its not listed on the dealers website anymore and i havent seen it outside for a few days. if thats true then it sold in only a couple weeks. that good to know if i wanna sell my truck after i lift it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts