Off Road Vehicles banner

Check Gages/Oil Pressure/Rough Idle

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  JackedUp 
#1 ·
2002 Jeep GC, 132k. 4.0 v6

Have had the jeep for a year, beside a new front axle, regular maintenance and the jeep is stronggg.
This past weekend my "check gauges" light came on and my oil pressure gauge went dead. At first I figure bad gauge or the notorious oil pressure sensor. I live an hour from the closest auto part store so I waited until the next day. It then threw cel code for cylinder 2 misfire when I started it. Replaced the OPS and all the spark plug, everything was fine and dandy but after an hour of driving, I have a really rough idle now; but only in drive. If I put it in neutral, it will idle better with a slight shutter. So my first thought may be map sensor, tps of the coil rail? Anyone have any other suggestions? Im low of funds and don't want to buy the coil rail if not needed and drive 2 hours just to try it out.

#3 ·
No, it clips in at the end by the firewall and has very limited movement without unplugging it.
As I was driving this morning, every time it shutters, I am losing radio at the same exact time. Which makes me think an electrical issue, ground or broken wire or such now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.