Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that I figured out the flashes that the light told me. If so according to http://www.allpar.com/fix/codes.html the problem is one of the following three option * 21 Oxygen sensor signal doesn't change (stays at 4.3-4.5V). Probably bad oxygen sensor
* 22* Coolant sensor signal out of range - May have been disconnected to set timing
* 23* Incoming air temperature sensor may be bad
What exactly does that mean and what do I do to fix it?

·
Registered
472 Posts
you either got loose wires or bad sensors---chris

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
The incoming air temperature sensor screws into the top of the intake manifold I think, its almost under the air box on the passanger side.

·
Registered
502 Posts
After some of the things I have heard from diesel guys about K&N filters you may want to check and clean that air temp sensor. If the oil from the K&N gets on it the readings can really get screwed up and cause problem.

I have yet to have an issue with my K&N but I only have a little over 1200 miles on my diesel so it is still a virgin as diesels go.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where exactly is the sensor. I haven't done many mods in the engine except the pain in the rear K&N. Why do they make it where you have to totally take it off the engine to get to the filter. Anyway, I have recently cleaned the filter and it may have dripped on the sensor, if so do I need a new one or can I just clean it and put it back?

Someone on another board suggested the O2 sensors, could this also be the case?

I checked the code again an I believe that it is 23 the "Incoming air temperature sensor may be bad"

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
does this help any? its the passanger side of the motor.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I would say clean it up first and see if it makes a difference. If not then replace it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts