Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good location to mount a CB radio in my 99 Quad Cab. I really don't want to be drilling mounting holes in my interior. Where does everyone else have their radio mounted? Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Most folks buy or build a bracket that mounts the CB vertically in front of the center console seat.

Personally I have the Cobra 75 CB and the 1"x1"x3" box in mounted under the center seat and I just plug the handset in when I need a radio.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
I just put mine under my center seat. Once it's on the right channel and volume and gain are set, I don't need to see the face of the CB anyway.

:D:

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I've got mine drilled into the dash, which I know you said you dont like. My cousin has his on a little mount thing that sits on the floor in the middle, and it looks good. It isnt drilled in, but it could be, but he said that it doesnt move any. I like the looks of it, you can also mount 2 radios on it, and it was only like $17 or something

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Better watch out, your post is about to be deleted too... :roll:

Oh well, it will be fun to see who all replies to this. :lol:

·
Banned
128 Posts
Ihave mine screwed into the dash covering the ash tray. i like it there, but i know you dont want to drill into your dash. so i would go for the thing that Greenhornet mentioned. :withstupid:

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
On 2005-05-09 18:56, djgaston wrote:
Better watch out, your post is about to be deleted too... :roll:

Oh well, it will be fun to see who all replies to this. :lol:

:rotfl: DJ, I wont make a post about you in ot though, ok?

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
No, I'm saying a mod deleted that one post I made where I was laughing about replying to a 4 year old post. :lol: But make a post about me in OT if you want, the last one was fun! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I'll pass DJ, I dont have nothing against you and dont feel like getting banned :rotfl: . That was a good one though, a day that will go down in ps.com history :cool::

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
No doubt. :lol:

·
Registered
8,931 Posts
On 2005-05-09 20:03, greenhornet1986 wrote:
I'll pass DJ, I dont have nothing against you and dont feel like getting banned :rotfl: . That was a good one though, a day that will go down in ps.com history :cool::

:withstupid: definitely worth my time to read all 8 pages but hmmm this thread is only 4 years old :rotfl:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I mounted mine to the plastic shroud on the 4x shifter facing the drivers feet. Mounted the mic to the CB housing. Works great and you can run the cable up through the carpet under the shroud.

Greg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts