Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you in the southeast, where do y'all go for fun? I hear about all the good times in Cali but what about the east coast? I'm new to SC, any ideas?

What about you BigGreenMonster? You've been here all your life, surely you can point a fella in the right direction. And, do you still have that 3" Skyjacker lift?

·
Registered
313 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
i will be honest with you. as far as public (legal) trails, i do not know of any. i was actually going to ask you about some, but since you are not from here... i just got back from some good ol' muddin', but it was, well... if the man would have come we all would have been up $hit creek.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hey guys Rattlesnake Toyota_love and I are planning a trip to Uwharrie national forest the weekend of april 12 13 14. Check it out and see if you guys want in on it. If you want more info send Rattlesnake(chris) or me(marc) a message or reply here with questions for whatever else you guys may need.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds awesome Big! I've only been in the area for a few months though, never heard of that place, where is it exactly? What type of terrain??

·
Registered
683 Posts
It is near asheboro and its alot of rock crawling, hardly any mud. We dont plan on doing a whole lot of hard wheeling just having fun. Where exactly is Beauford?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Beaufort is about 45 minutes south of Charleston SC so it's gonna be a bit of a drive but...still interested! I admit that rock crawling will be completely new to me though. I've climbed hills and hollers but I spent about 95% of my time playing in the mud. There's not a lot of rock crawling to be had in Indiana!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Any info you need just let us know(directions, fees, rules, etc.). I had a few nice websites on it but lost them, I'll try to post a few in here if you would like

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
<!-- BBCode u1 Start -->http://www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/recreation/uwharrie/index.htm" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u1 End -->

I believe there is a fee of $5.00 per day/per vehicle. And there is roughly 14 miles of trails but I think most of us are gonna take it easy on the trucks and just camp and have fun, although the KODAK rock is gonna be mine.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey A1C Smith, where do you live in South Carolina. I take it you are in the military. with your logon name. I live in Sumter and interested in doing some 4 wheeling when I get back from Saudi.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Big, are we still on for April? I have a couple guys down here that may be interested. Chevy guys, but I won't hold that against them, jk

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yeah, we still have have plans to attend Uwharrie on April 12th, 13th, & 14th, bring them along, all are welcome.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Doesn't look like I'm gonna be able to make this one after all. We have family visiting that weekend and the wife said that I WILL be here and I WILL enjoy it! If you're married, you'll know where I'm coming from. Enjoy, hope I can hook up with you another time.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
The april 12 13 14 trip was called off, because we couldnt get a group together, we are planning the trip again maybe in May.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The Uwharrie trip. I would be interested when I get back from Saudi. Anybody going this summer. Also I have a 89 S10 blazer with 32" tires and a 3" body lift. Would I be able to make it through or is this place too much for what I have?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Impala, we don't know when we are planning on going, but when we do, none of us are going to be doing hard wheeling. It's a lot of rocks and hill climbing, you can try if you want. We'll try to figure out new dates soon.

·
Registered
539 Posts
how far away is that from alabama? I'm interested in attending

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
if you are in alabama i would hook up with the beast. he has a big club that goes on trail rides every month or two. ya'll have 10x the stuff we do.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts