Off Road Vehicles banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Well this is a true story ...

I got a new/used dirt bike and had to take it down to our local bike shop to get insurance on it. So on the way back from the weekend, I dropped by the bike shop.

Filled out the forms for the insurance and the guy wanted a visual on the bike .. so I told him it was outside in the back of my pickup.

So he goes to to check it out and get a visual report. I guess he was walking around the truck checking it out and decided to lean his head inside the bed of the truck for a better look. .. you could heard it for blocks, one big WOOF. The winows in the bike shop litterally shook.

I had forgot to tell him about my 140lb Akita Alarm :bigthumb:

(He was a little white)

·
Registered
264 Posts
couldnt you just say static electicity shocked them. I get nailed by my truck everytime i get out. Left a burn mark on my right wrist one time. My girlfriend heard the shock from quite a distance. I say shock em.

·
Registered
66 Posts
haven't any of you ever gotten shocked by one of those "trick" lighters that someone hands you at the bar when they wanna be funny? They're powered off of a AAA battery, and they give you a painful, but harmless shock. With the right combination of resistor and capacitor, this should be easily achieved by someone with advanced electronics knowledge.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Any just as easy for a fresh outta school Jr. Lawyer to sue me because that harmless little jolt actually killed the old lady that braced herself on my truck from falling in the snow and ice...

I have a degree in electronics, and realize that with today's society.. I would be sued for everything I don't have.

P.S. Ya never know what is gonna set off someones ticker, or pacemaker.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I dont know if they are still around or even legal, but the Viper car alarm. You could leave your windows down, the doors unlocked and if someone got into your vehicle without the remote alarm key then as soon as they tried to hot wire the vehicle, the windows would roll up and the doors would lock, then there was this loud a$$ alarm going off. The only way the thief could get out of it was, if the owner of the vehicle shut it off!!!

I do have to say that was the coolest alarm I have ever seen, but like I said I dont know if they even make them anymore, when I saw this It was several years back, and the install place was located in Las Vegas.

·
Registered
77 Posts
but then again would you really want someone trapped inside? i think that could cause more damage than it did good...if the owner wasn't nearby, the person could most likely eventually escape, then the owner will have to :shoot: because his interior is screwed up..just my .02 cents

·
Registered
482 Posts
I just wish my truck would STOP shocking ME. Seems like everytime I get out and my hand touches the screw in the door handle I get zapped. (not a small shock either) :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
you would go through all the trouble making this work, someone would try stealing it, get zapped, sue you, win, and you would lose your truck and whatever else. ONLY IN AMERICA! and by the way, coffee is hot, so in case you spill it on yourself, you no longer can try to sue McDonalds because they forgot to lable it as HOT.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Hahaha......that bitch got millions....can you believe that. She ought to be taken a shooting range and let her be the moving target. :shoot:

·
Registered
160 Posts
my truck shocks me now for some reason, especially in cold weather. Just another elecrtical issue my truck has. annoying as hell.

·
Banned
4,537 Posts
to stop your truck from shocking you, hold the door (metal part) or something while getting out, that'll basically ground you.

not sure why that happens, climate? weather? It did it to me for a while, then stopped.

·
Banned
4,537 Posts
On 2003-01-02 15:26, spaceghost65 wrote:
my truck shocks me now for some reason, especially in cold weather. Just another elecrtical issue my truck has. annoying as hell.

i wouldn't blame it on an electrical issue... my truck has none (from what i can hear/feel), but still shocks me once in a while.

could be wrong.

·
Banned
1,253 Posts
yall know they also had those taser bar things that you attached to your stearing wheel like a club that sent out like 5,000 volts or what not when touched. came out a few years back.
never seen one work though but i seen a video with some cops using it on eachother...HAHAHAHA talk bout FUN-E

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hahaha......that bitch got millions....can you believe that. She ought to be taken a shooting range and let her be the moving target. :shoot:
That "bitch" was an elderly woman who spilled a coffee from a McDonald's drive-thru' on her lap, causing extensive THIRD DEGREE BURNS on her legs and genitals. While this "bitch" admitted the spill to be her fault, she felt that McDonald's was responsible, at least in part, for her burns, due to the fact that the coffee was dangerously hot when she received it. In fact, the coffee was so hot that this accidental spill resulted in grave injuries from which she very nearly died. She spent weeks in the hospital, where she subsequently had to undergo extensive, painful surgeries to treat the burn. Because of this, she felt McDonald's should pay, and a jury agreed with her.

There are even more facts that most people (including YOURSELF, obviously) don't seem to know about this case. For example:
--In the decade before this "bitch" sued McDonald's, the company had received more than 700 complaints from people who had received burns from their coffee.
  • McDonald's ADMITTED that their coffee was kept too hot and that it was a hazard, but CONTINUED TO ENFORCE a company policy of keeping their coffee at 190 degrees (near-boiling) claiming that customers "wanted it that hot."
  • Initially, that "bitch" hadn't wanted to go to court, she merely wanted McDonald's to pay her hospital bills of approximately $20,000. McDonald's refused, countering with an offer of only $800, and so the "bitch" sued.
  • A jury not only agreed w/the "bitch" but also found McDonald's' handling of their coffee was so irresponsible and their behavior, in this case, to be so egregious that they recommended McDonald's be held responsible to the tune of 2.9 million dollars.
  • It was the "bitch" herself who felt that that amount was too large. She eventually settled with McDonald's, receiving (upon the strongly-worded suggestion of the judge) only $600,000 and a promise from McDonald's to change their company policy regarding coffee temperatures and to enforce a standard of lower temps company-wide.
Why then do so many people believe that this was a frivolous lawsuit?

After having acted so badly and having been shown up in court by one elderly customer who wanted no more than what was owed to her, McDonald's once again proved itself to be a shining beacon of shittiness. After having been treated so graciously by the "bitch" that their stupid policy very nearly killed, McDonald's repaid her kindness by throwing her under the bus. McDonald's paid their lawyers to spend years running a disinformation campaign; one which held this very lawsuit up before the public eye as a horrible example of "justice gone awry"

Oh, and btw? That "bitch" had a name. She was called Stella Lieback.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can think of no better determent than trying to get into a truck and it giving you a shock. I don't think anything harmful can be had out of a 12 volt....but enough to make it annoying...enough to keep them away and maybe choose another target. What ya'll think? :roll:
Just hook up a 2nd coil, use toggle switch for it and connect the coil plug wire to the body, simple done it and works great, but only works when your in the truck.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts