Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My second set of mt's are not wearing well. I went back to the alignment shop and I was told that the Dodge Rams do not have a camber adjustment. I looked in my service manual and confirmed that the parts causing the front end to be off camber would have to be replaced. The shop did mention that adjustable upper ball joints are available and MAY fix the problem, but it would cost me about $700. Has anyone had a similiar problem? If I had to spend $700 on the ball jopints & install, plus the front locker I want, plus the DT track bar, plus the Dynatrac front manual hub conversion, I'm thinking I'll just put the money towards a Dana 60!

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Have checked the current ball joints for play? They may just need to be replaced with regular ones. If you do need camber adjustment, there are sleeves I beleive that can be swapped in to change caster and camber.

Besides, if you swap to the 60, you still need to regear it, get the locker and DT tackbar. Then you have to buy the 60 itself!

Might as well just burn through tires once a year :):

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
What would be the reason for switching to the Dana 60? do they have the adjustment that you're looking for, or is it just to upgrade to a beefier axle.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I went with the Dana 60 it would be for the added strength. In my truck's future I see replacing the 3" suspension with a 5" kit and going with 37's. Jason, what sleeves are you speaking of? By the way, I'm looking forward to the January trip. I'll bring some recent wheeling pictures so that you can post them when you have a chance.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
When I was getting my stereing linakge setup done I was talking to the owner about alignments and he mentioned that you can buy sleeves that have the camber and such built into them (or at least an alignment shop can get them)

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
the sleeves are eccentrics that are put in the axle and then the balljoint put into the eccentric. ford used them with their TTB front ends.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts