Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been lookin for a cam for my 2000 silverado for some time now and the only one i can find will cost me over $500 and its not smog legal. Does anyone know of any companies that make cams for these new motors that arent gonna cost me more than what the performance gain will probably be worth? And if its possible maybe even be smog legal? Swapping out a cam for a smog test every few years would not be fun and if i can i would like to be able to avoid that.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Did you check SLP? I just got my new catalog the other day, and they have plenty of cams and stuff for 4.8/5.3/5.7 motors. Street legal too, I believe.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I found a camshaft kit in SLP, any GM dealer should be able to odered it. The part number is 51011A. It comes with a cam, springs, retainers, and keepers. Only catch is that it is not legal for pollution controled vehicles.

Valve lift duration duration at .050
IN: .559--------267-----------214
EX: .566--------275-----------222

Hope this helps :):

on the list 315/75R16 MT on 16x10 MT classicII, 3" lift, frt & rear lockers

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the help, i think im gonna wait a while for someone else to come out with a cam or for the $600 price tag to drop to a decent price. Thanks for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts