Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the mud finally caught up with me today. I HAD felt invinsible in the truck, driving wherever and through whatever I pleased, but today at the edge of a swamp I found out the Dodge wasnt as big or as bad as everyone thought. The old 67 or 68 bronco came over for a try at extracting me from the nasty goo, no luck, next was the yota on 33's, no luck, Winching was pointless becuase the way the truck was faced it would only pull me deeper into the goo. We sent somebod back on a 4-wheeler to get what we call "THE BUS" a late 80's surbuban with a rear "Detroit" on 35" MT's, with the Burbon and Yota together it was enough to free me. We had fun in the hole all afternoon, after that we stuck everything that entered, including the yota, an f-250 and about 3 4-wheelers, but the day overall was a blast. Pics were taken but not digital so this week ill have them scanned and posted for all.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
44's and dual locker's wouldnt have got me through this crap. I had no buisness being in there. But it was fun.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey man I know the feeling too. Last weekend it rained really bad and I got my new Claws and decided to try them out....I went through the hard parts with ease and thought i too was invincible(Although I don't have a 2500 with 39.5 tires. It was midnight and I couldn't see that well and I went to turn around at the bottom of a hill and hit some nasty gumbo mud....Buried my back two tires to the top and gassed it but it just buried it deeper. Next day went with some of my Jeep buddies that thought they would show up a Toyota, but they too got stuck worse than me and had to get a guy with a winch that got all 4 of us out of the mud....Turned out to teach us to stay out of the mud when there is a flood watch going on.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Biginuf, was there a bottom to that mudpit? :D:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Well, I suppose that if we get stuck, 90% of the time we NEVER had the business of being there!! LOL :):
Welp, I am glad to say that you had fun - most fun is getting it stuck in the first place!
Kinda like muds much funner putting on the truck, but eventually you have to wash it off and it takes forever. If it was up to me I would just leave the mud there permenantly!
John

·
Registered
969 Posts
True, 8"lift and 39's, there probably wasn't a bottom.

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
sometimes it doesnt matter what you have. if the mud is slop with no bottom then it ill be hard time gettin through

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, there was no bottom, or if there was I couldnt find it. It was at the end of a power line cut-over. It was about 300 feet wide and locals call it a "swamp", id call it a "bottom". No trees, just a real low area between 2 hills, it seems to collect all the water from the surrounding fields. We had 7 straps schacled together, we sent a old bronco into the "swamp" with the straps already hooked up, he managed to get into 4th gear, 4-low about 35 mph i guess. He only made it about 50 feet. it was nasty stuff. I probably could have backed out myself but I thought id just turn around and come out, that was my mistake.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here are a few pics from the day after, I havent got the pics in the hole from my bud yet.....
You can see that the flares did a really good job of saving the outside of the truck from flying debris, unfortunatly they didnt help the underside at all and I probably have 5 hours worth of work just to get the chunks off the bottom.

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
Marc i wanna see that thing tottaly covered next time you say you got stuck....its barely dirty at all, you sissy...haha just kidding, cool pics, the truck looks really bad ass

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I could still move front to back about 2 feet but couldnt get out of the ruts and every time I switched gears if would dig deeper, so I decided to stop will I thought we could still pull it out.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are the BUSHWACKER extend-a-fenders. A.K.A. Schwacka's. :):

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The guys were all yelling at me to drive it like I stole it, so I kept forward momentum as long as I could and threw it in reverse to back out, my bad. Thats where the trouble started, more go pedal next time. Next time I'll hit it head on with big Balls. :):

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
for years i would say stuff like that, "DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!", "YOU GAT TO GO OR BLOW!" and "oh yeah, we are goin' to make it!" now, from what this usually leads to is stuck.... a little farther then if you would have otherwise. as hard as it is to come to grips with, there are some wholes that you are not "Biginuf
" for... hehe :p:

96 Dodge Ram 1500 360 w/ auto trans. Extras include JBA headers, Mopar R/T heads, K&N filter, Mopar computer, 35,000 lbs trans cooler, shift kit, 3" Skyjacker sysrem, 4.10 gears detriot locker, and 35X12.50 tires on 15X10 rims.
Soon to come 5" skyjacker, Mopat R/T cam.

By The Way, I Cannot Spell, This Is A Fact That I Am Aware Of! Please Over Look Any Misspellings. Thanks

·
Registered
362 Posts
You remember how when you were little you folks use to say if you dig deep enough in the sand box you could dig to China. Well big its not true. Trust me I know, and also we can make it and its not that deep, I just say a little ol' duck walk across and his legs werent but about 3in long equate to get the strap, quick, were sinking, abandon ship!!!
:lol:

2000 SLT Laramie QuadCab, 3in Roughcountry suspension, replaces spacers with 3in skyjacker coils in place of spacers,3in P.A. body lift. 360, auto, 4.56 gears, and k&n air filter. Double roll bar, 4 Procomp stainless 6in lights, brushguard and nerf bars. 315/75/16 E-Xterrains on 16x8 OutlawII.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
biginuf thats a sweet rig. i was wondering what kind of suspension you had. i to got a dodge 2500 but its a 96. im hopin in the near future to be doin some muddin to. hurry and get those pics uo i was to see that thing dirty

1 - 20 of 21 Posts