Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please tell me this is possible.
i don't need the articulation demanded by rockcrawling. just enough lift to clear the 35's w/out breaking the bank w/the added + of making my truck look killer

what should i expect as far as power loss and mpg loss
318, stock 3.55's, manual

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I'm running 315/75R16 (about 35x12.50) on 16x8 rims with a 3" lift. I get some rubbing on occaision (stuff a tire when turning), but it's pretty minor, and wouldn't be there without the weight of my Reunel front bumper (300-350#).

The key is to run the 16" tires, as their backspacing makes the 315s tuck up inside the wheel-wells more instead of sticking out.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Woody, How do those 315's do on the 16x8 wheels? Currently I have 285's on 16x8 wheels and I was told that 315's would bulge on my 8 in. wheels. Is this true? Also, was your truck an offroad series from the factory?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
My truck wasn't an off-road series, but it sure would out-wheel one now! :):

The tires bulge out some, like they should. Keeps the rims off the rocks. :): Nothing to be worried about, though. Goodyear says 16x8 is ok, so no worries there. Lemme see if I can find a pic...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, but it sounds like Woody has answered your question. However, with a just a 3" lift I would stay with an 8" wide rim.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Bubba,

Seems like I need to modify my statement about the "Off-road" series trucks:

I can out-wheel any STOCK Off-Road package ram... :):

The Off-Road springs + a 3" spacer would be a nice lift. I'm looking at a set of custom springs that are rated for 1000lbs over the stock springs (making them about as stiff as Off-road springs, maybe a tad more), but 3" longer. So 3" lift without a spacer.

But that's conditional on teh budget... :(:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think you can buy Skyjackers 5" coils for a good price. Someone posted some info about that not too long ago. So far my coil spacers have done the job but a taller spring would look alot better.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
would this work with a 15 inch rim instead of a 16 inch. got rid of the factory rims(16) because it was cheaper to buy tires for the 15 inch wheel. guess 15x10 and 3 inch lift will only clear 33 not 35

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
i will tell you right now. i am selling a 3" skyjacker kit because my 35's rub. they are not bad on the passanger side, but damn... when you make a good left turn you know. i am strongly against body lifts or using a coil spacer, but if you use a 3" susspension lift with one of those it will definitly clear. also mine are on 15X10 " rims. 8" rims might not rub as bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts