Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2K1 Dodge Ram 1500 4x2 318
What brush/grille guards whatever you wanna call them pop into everybodies head. Price,Durability,Appearnce,Function should all play a role in you all's decision. I'm just trying to get a feel for what everybody thinks because majority rules and Im figuring the veterans could help out the rookie. Thanks

(I did say so far.)

Show Let's Go

·
Registered
275 Posts
smitty bilt payed $500

·
Registered
234 Posts
I personally prefer ranch hand. I think they look the best and are very tough. They are made here in texas so what do you expect, huh. Look at em at http://www.ranchhand.com . Also, maniks look good. They are probably not quite as sturdy as ranchhands but they have a more polished clean look and they are still plenty tough. My mom as rearended people twice with her suburban and her manik has saved the front end both times and looks prety much like new. I think the website to those is http://www.manik.com (that would make sense, huh).

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Are you planning on running a winch? If so you may want to think about a Warn Trans4mer. It is lighter than other winch bumpers like prozap or the reunel type of bumpers.. But it in all in what you want too. Just my 2cents.. DDGETHS

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I have the MAAP brush gaurd... I like it alot and its damn sturdy... I dont know how much a black pouder coat like mine runs, I bought mine from Crysteel truck equipment and the guy working was a friend of mine so he gave me a break. this is what mine looks like....

Unfortunately I can no longer afford my truck so I gotta sell it (figures, I get it working and now I have to sell it ), if any of you know anyone that is looking for a SHARP truck that is STILL under warranty and has around 22500 in their pocket... please let them know about my truck!

Thanks,
MB

Its listed in the For Sale section

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
hey red is there a website for the brush guard u have i really like the design and want one for my 98 sport

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think i'd be using a winch, Maybe some lights though. I like that last black one on the maroon ram (that the same color ram as mine heh)
Thanks all

(I did say so far.)

Show Let's Go

·
Registered
275 Posts
just do a search on smitybilt im sure it will come up try http://www.truckaddons.com

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Hey man... I was thinking of possibly selling mine (kinda need money :(:) I was thinking 450 with lights... I will find out here in a week if I have to sell it... if this job I am looking at goes through then I will keep it, if not I might sell it

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmmm 450, Damn thats alot. I bet that piece cost alot more then that though. And shipping for that would be a bitch, hmmmmm I'll have to think about it, How do you install one of those as ive never tried, does it hook right up to the frame? I guess i'll find out if i buy it, But do you have any other parts on that hoss your looking to sell? Thats all

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
hmmm.. maybe 400.. hehe... but I am hoping I will be able to keep it! :):

Mine bolts to the frame... even though mine covers up the factory fog lights I like it better because the supports are further apart than most of the gaurds so it lines up with the body lines of the hood better, it also makes the light guards shorter so they are more sturdy... I have run over trees 1 1/2" - 2" in diameter and not a scratch on it! :): it has a couple dings from rocks on the freeway, but you have to look real close to see the small chips in the paint.. but no damage to the bar at all! I also like mine because it has a lower bar below the licence plate... I have not seen any others like that.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
400 i could do that, Thats good u get to keep that truck, I noticed that about it covering up the fog lights and thats good cuz my ram doesnt have any factory lights, just has holes in thebumper for them, eitherway tell me what u decide to do with it. Thanks

·
Registered
8,931 Posts
Yea Alpha's brushguard is alot like mine. The only difference is that mine is a Manik. There sturdy as hell and 400 is a good deal with the lights. I paid 550 for mine without the lights or installation. But the MAAP is almost like the Manik but its made the same.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
if you go to manik's website, you can get a scratch and dent brush guard for $213+shipping. they have step bars also for $125'ish.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I just bought a Westin Sportsman guard for my truck. I love the way it looks. Its very sturdy as well. A friend of mine hit a deer going 40 mph with this guard and it didn't leave a scratch. At least that's how fast he said he was going...I don't plan on testing it out anytime soon.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
hey redrider, i liked yours so much i bought one! :bigthumb:
probaly shouldnt say i got mine from summit for $361 delivered(mine is modular, i cant tell if yours is one piece or not so that would make a difference). :burning:

·
Registered
275 Posts
nope its the same as yours glad i could help and you got a good price to :drool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts