Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey. i have a 91 EB 351 Fullsize. im in los altos if ya wanna check it out. its a 4 inch sus lift 3 inch body. anyway. the handling is chill i can turn it pretty hard and it rides nice on freeway. there not straight axles on the new fullsize broncos 8(.they have conversions starting at 1800. get back to me. i also might wana sell it. later

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I had an 88 f-150, it was fuel injected, i think the fords went efi in 87 not a straight axle its an independant front end, not bad off road, alot better than the chevy IFS but not as good as a staight axle, if you want a solid axle youll need to upgrade to a 3/4 or 1 ton. pro: cheap to lift (600 for a 6" lift) con: not a striaght axle.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i have a 92 with a 6"lift and some 35 pro comp mud terrians. it dosent handle incredible, but with my steering stabilizer now installed, its much nicer on the freeway. its a tough vehicle, i dont like ford much but i do like my bronco. if you wanna see it we are at el mirage a lot.

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
i had an 87 e-350 van, and it was carb not EFI. either they swapped it on some and not others, or it was changed to EFI in 88.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mt bronco is pretty big im runnin 410's the acceleration is ok. i drive a turbom3 so i cant compare it to anything else. only cars i have had.

·
Registered
22 Posts
there's no way a 80-96 bronco has a straight axle unless they did a swap. The only big broncos that actually came with the straight axle was the 78 and 79's.

acceleration is good if your gears match your tires. But remember you're driving a heavy rig. Can't expect too much from a bone stock motor.

·
Registered
83 Posts
straight axle ENDED in 79 unless someone swapped it out.

efi was introduced in 85 on the bronc and the trucks too.

a v8 bronc usually has like 350 gears and anyone that ive seen has hard on gas but good on power.

in 1980-82 they came with a 9 inch in the back but changed to the 8.8 in 83.

the bodies were the same from 80-86 than restyled in 87.

from 80-up they were all ifs fronts with dana 44s

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
he might be confusing a straight axle wit hthe twin traction beam crap. i know my 86 ranger was efi. first year for that. the V-6 anyway. i thought the full sizes were the same way.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I dont mean to bust in like this...but i also got a question bout a Bronco i might be buying. Do u think a '78, w/ a 460 motor, 4:11 Posi, 36" tires, 6" lift, and has been restored, is reasonalbe at $5200 because thats how much hes selling it for...thx

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 1995 Bronco and I love her to death. I have run her in mud and she plows right through. I've hammered her on the rocks and had no problems. The TTB(Twin Traction Beam) is an alright front suspension but the flex on it is not that great. I found myself on 3 wheels alot because of it while crawling. Once I get my SAS(At one point or another.) I will be able to flex much more. But broncos are gluttons for punishment they can take most of what you can dish out. I hate ford for canceling broncos but I wouldn't sell my bronco for anything.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts