Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know alot of people think fords suck but my 87 ranger 2 wheel drive keeps blowing front barke calipers any suggestions on what i should put in for brakes this is the secong time in the past year. thanks for any help i can get. Through further inspection of my problem i have discovered that my wheel bearings are shot and there is a bolt that has welded itself to the shaft.

·
Registered
362 Posts
F.O.R.D (fix or repair daily). NO just kidding, I used to a 99 4x4 ranger. Do you have a perportioning valve (few i missed spelled that!) check it out and see if maybe its bad.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Also make sure your front brakes arnt doing all the work. I had to adjust manually my rear brakes. and it made a HUGE difference.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
any dodge boys have problems with a unfixable squeek from the front brakes? I have tried everything to get mine to stop squeeking. I just put new pad and rotors on and the SOB'S still squeeking it is about to drive me nuts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Sportram, did you put brake grease between the pad and the caliper piston? And are they after market or OEM? A lot of times after market will not have shims and that can cause squeaks

·
Registered
362 Posts
I agree with gopher, the grease is a must, I didnt put it on mine, (small world gopher my dad is a volvo master tech) and by heavy duty pads squeel more than a big at a slaughter house, and dust... few...talkin about some black rims. Add the grease it should cut the squeel down a notch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts