Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when my wheels are at full lock, my brake line (the rubber hose that extends from the metal line to the caliper) is stretched to the max. this is not a problem yet but over time, i know the hose is going to fail because it stretches soooooo tight. i just finished a few other projects and am now around to fixing this. any recommendations on a manufacture of a longer line to compensate for the lift? i am not looking for anything fancy – just a solid line that will give me the extra flex and solid durability that will hold up over time...

·
Registered
482 Posts
When I installed my 5", I relocated the brake hose bracket lower. On mine they bolt to the new bump stop brackets, I don't know where you could mount them though.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I'm expieriencing the same thing. If its doing that up front with the calipers on your truck then your rear lines going to the drums are probably extending too much when the wheel droops like mine do. I know some aftermarket companies make extended lines that are stainless steel. Like you said you may not want lines that flashy but I'm probably gonna get those eventually.

·
Registered
80 Posts
There are a couple companys that make rubber
brake lines that are prefitted to the specific it is just some bleeding on the line and putting the new line where the old one is. But the best part about it is they are about 2"-3" longer. I thought it might help out a little.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Or you can take a pair of plyers and after unbolting the U bracket for the brake line, pry the bracket open on all 3 sides to release the brake line and let it hang free, thats what I did, no cost for that and it only took a few min. its been like that for over a year and no rubbing on the brake line yet.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Hmmm, sounds like a plan considering I have quite a few other things I need to replace first.

·
Registered
69 Posts
im not sure of the name of the company,but on the roundy rounders,we made the bradedsteel lines ourself using bulk hose and the fittings we bought from the same company. we made everything from brake lines to radiator hose.and no its not the stuff that they sell at grand auto....lol. ill see what i can find out as to the name of the company.

·
Registered
69 Posts
ok i found it. the name of the stuff we used was aero-quip.and while i was looking for the company i stumbles on a site that carries it that also does offroad parts.i didnt look in the site,but if anyone is interested its... <!-- BBCode u1 Start -->http://aircooledracing.com" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u1 End --> hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts