Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I was driving on wet streets and had to stomp on the brakes to get stopped b4 hitting some bitch in a minivan. After that my ABS light and my E brake light are on. They won't go off. I don't even have ABS in the front. Don't know about the back. Both lights came on at the same time and I haven't used the Ebrake for a month. I know 38's put a lot of strain on the brakes, but they work fine I just don't like staring at those lights all the time. Any ideas?

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
GO and step on your brakes with your truck on have someone look at your lights....do they stay on? I had the same exact lights come on and my brake light switch was freezing up...costs like $12 to fix the switch is behind the knee blocker.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
you may have a low fluid issue or a problem with RWAL. I hear those will keep the lights on

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
If that doesnt work, try resetting the computer. Unplug the battery for a few min.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
see if your break lights work. when the fuse blows the abs and p-brake light stay on but the break lights do not. check it out

·
Registered
362 Posts
On 2002-04-25 00:06, Norcaldestroyer wrote:
Well i don't know if its the same thing but my e-brake light comes on all the time when im driving and nothing is wrong but if you slam it into a power pole it will go off you might wanna try that. Ouch.... 4hi on dry pavement... I dont know but you migh want to see first of all if you have enough fluid and if posibly the float might be sticking and sending a false reading. In not this than check the e-brake cable sensor maybe the wires got pulled out if not than you might want to call a shop since if the the brakes give out and wont stop you your truck is gonna be like when you get diheria. you know... the sh#$t just wont stop. lolololol
:lol:
My toyota I had did the same thing and it was a sticking float, but just be careful its an underlying problem you might not see.

·
Registered
432 Posts
If it has been a while since you replaced the pads, the reservoir will be low on fluid. The pads move closer to the rotor when they're worn causing the piston to be pushed out further. The fluid has to fill this void. If the pads were thin and you slammed on the brakes, the fluid level may have been low enough to slosh forward and leave an air gap between the fluid and the rear hole on the master cylinder. Just a thought.

_ZAB_ :dunno:

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All good ideas, I did unplug the batttery and nothing. A shop told me it might be the rear vehicle speed sensor on top of the rear diff. Any thoughts on that. The brake light thing is also a good hint I will check it as soon as I get out of class.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found out what the deal is. I pulled out the fuse that controls ABS. It was fine. WHen I put it back in, both lights were off. I think maybe the fuse lost good contact and when it did the truck thought the ABS was messed up, turned off the system and activate the lights. It has worked fine now and I don't expect any more problems. WHat a freak deal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts