Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i was fluching the radiator yesterday i noticed that the brake fluid was running kind of low(just above the add line) and i was wondering if i should just add some fluid or if i should bleed the system and then refill??also is there a certain brake fluid that works better than the others??

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
If your brake fluid is over 2 years old, it should be flushed and completely replaced. Just do the bleeding procedure but do it until it comes out clean looking and don't let the reservior run low.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2002-01-20 12:40, Gonzo wrote:
when i was fluching the radiator yesterday i noticed that the brake fluid was running kind of low(just above the add line) and i was wondering if i should just add some fluid or if i should bleed the system and then refill??also is there a certain brake fluid that works better than the others??

if your brake fluid reservoir is low, consider that a red flag to check your brakes. you may or may not have any brake pad or brake shoe left. the caliper piston or wheel cylinder could be extended out so far because the brake linings are gone. being that its a sealed system it has no where to leak from(unless you forgot to put the cap back on the master cylinder, tore a brake line/hose, or left a bleeder open, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts