Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got this sunday night. 1970 Mercedes Benz Unimog 404S. it has the 2.2liter strait 6 gasser. but it has the optional crawler gears :bigthumb: it currently isnt running due to the fact that when the owner (before the guy i got it from) got a new clutch put in it, the mechanic forgot to put the motor mount bolts back in :bad: and the fan went through the rad. :wall:
i got a 12 volt electric fan and a rad from an old van ready to go in it, but the truck is 24 volt, so i will have to run my own 12 volt circuit. it was a radio box truck for the German Military. im hoping to get it going this weekend, eventually the box will be comming off and i will build a custom flatdeck for it, steel and wood.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wow that looks awesome. Definitely a cool platform to build off of.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Would love to have a Unimog. If I ever build something else, I will be building a Mog.

:drool:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Not a bad looking unit you got there. Pretty rare crawler box you snatched up if I'm thinking of the one you have. If you have any q's I'll help as much as I can.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Very cool. :bigthumb:

My brother has been half-assed looking for one for work. He started a company a couple months ago trimming back trees along county drains, powerlines, etc. and wants a rig that can get back into those places and still run some PTO accessories. If you ever want to sell it, let me know... he might want it if the price is right.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Dont scrap that radio box when you put a flatbed on it. Those things can be worth a lot if its in good condition.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts