Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I bought a new trailer today....its a 30 ft travel trailer, sleeps 7, great condition, picked it up for 5500, and got the weight distribution hitch and swaybar with it. Also bought a coupler lock for this one, before I even got it home. I learned that one the hard way.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
nice. hope that thing as casters on the rear end to reduce scraping with that long overhang.....

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn't ride that way when hooked up, it's just got the jack cranked all the way up in the front right now, to allow the rain water to roll off, and not pool on the roof. It actually sits pretty level when hooked up to the truck.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
i realize that, I would worry about driveways, dips and other times when the long overhang could drag. btw, looks like a nice rig for the price. 5500 around here would get something from 1975 with orange shag...

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Boss said:
i realize that, I would worry about driveways, dips and other times when the long overhang could drag. btw, looks like a nice rig for the price. 5500 around here would get something from 1975 with orange shag...
Gotcha! Yeah, I was wondering about that too, but towing it back, I had to hit some pretty unlevel areas, and the parking lots I went through had some pretty rough bumps, and it never dragged....I think it actually sits up higher off the ground than it looks, because without the step down, it's a pretty good hop up into the trailer.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmmm...when is harlan?

·
Registered
8,931 Posts
I would have sold ya a brand new toyhauler for cheap if you wanted it!!!

Good lookin camper though!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We were actually looking for a full sized camper....for us, three kids, and three dogs, so we needed something with a little more bunkroom than a typical toyhauler...this one has triple bunks in the back, so it works out perfect. Plus, we may be living out of it for a while, when we move next summer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
sweet

1 - 11 of 11 Posts