Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have both lifts wich makes sense to do 1st....im having them done at seperate shops or may do body lift myself...... wich is easier to install body or suspension lift??

·
Registered
962 Posts
Body lift is easy to do, suspension is much harder. I would put on which ever lift is larger first. Check your brakes, cables, tubing, etc and make sure they reach and see if they will reach with the next lift. You will probably have to do some alterations between lifts. Nothing dificult though. You may want to do the suspension first and let it settle for a few days before you do the body as well.

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
ya it is much easier to do a body lift but i would go with a suspension lift first over body. i did my body first and i wish i would of done suspension now. go big and go with suspension

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
if you are for sure gonna do both, i would think that the body lift would be easier to put on without the suspension lift on. if you are still deciding about the bodylift, definately go with the suspension first, then body later if you want it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
made apointment to get lifts installed next week about $750 for both instalations two seperate shops!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
750 bucks for a bodylift and 750 for the susp. or is that total? If your gonna pay 750 for just a 3" body install bring it over here, ill do it for half that. the 750 for the susp. sounds fair though.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Don't pay 750 for the body lift. TOOOOO MUCH. Do it yourself. Body lifts are honestly very straight forward if you follow the instructions. Suspension lift is a different story. 750 is too high for around here but may be fine where you are?

Here is tulsa by the way.

Matt

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
i would do the body yourself. its really a simple install. you have to do a little bit of welding but just find a local welding shop to do that

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
heheheee!!! yeah around $750 for both $350 for body lift around $400 for suspension

·
Registered
362 Posts
Dude do it yourself, a semitrained chip can do either one. Hey I did both, my suspension and body lift so I guess Im one step above a chimp!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts